Urch Forums

Econ PhD forum needs mods!

Elliephant

Erin, the econ PhD forum has essentially been operating without a moderator for several months. Things are occasionally getting out of hand, and there's no one to manage the situation. I know tm_guru has volunteered to function as a mod, and judging by his past activity, reasonableness and integrity I think he'd do a great job. Some other active posters would also step up if asked, I'm sure. In any case, we certainly need somebody to do it. Please help! :) TM is a great resource for economics applicants, and we wouldn't want to see it go to the dogs!
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Erin, we really need to get a moderator team in place. I think that there are a number of longtime users who are willing to help out. But things have kind of spun out of control several times over the past few months and I think having an active moderator team would have contained the situation.

Just to chime in with OAE: The econ forum really, really needs a new mod (or mods). It's mostly self-policing but in recent weeks things have spun out of control in avoidable ways, as is clear from your thread asking for mod nominations. We know you're very busy, so just a heads-up. :)

I hear you. I'm neck-deep in our summer courses right now (three weeks to go yet), and it's hard to find time for everything that needs attention. I may be hiring a personal assistant (or two) to help me with a few things, though.

I'll try to get some messages and emails out this week to those who seem to be promising candidates.

And yes, things do seem to be a bit tense lately. Sounds like the usual--the clash of strong personalities. :)

Erin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Things are peaceful in the econ threads lately, but we do need a moderator to make our new applications Roll Call thread sticky for this round.

As a sort of Moderator Emeritus I look in from time to time and, having seen your post, have stuck it for you.

The stickies in that forum look a bit stuck-up with outdated threads. If you care to post back here with details of those which can be unstuck I'll do that next time I look in.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...