Urch Forums

Change of status from F1 to B1/B2 while still in US

schand5

[h=1][/h]

Hi

I am doing a 6 months cerification course in US on F1 visa and i have been granted a 6 month visa for that..

After that because of some genuine reasons i want to extend my stay in US for additional 6 months..I also have a 10 year Visitor visa...

So my question is

1. After my student visa expires will i be allowed to stay in US for additional 6 months on visitor's visa..or

2. Will i have to come back to my home country and go again to US on visitor's visa..

If that is so then after a gap of how much time can i again leave to US on a visitor visa after coming back to my home country.. or

3. geting F1 visa means expired tourist visa and i will have to come back to my country and reapply for a new tourist visa.

Thank you

• 10 months later...

Hi

I am doing a 6 months cerification course in US on F1 visa and i have been granted a 6 month visa for that..

After that because of some genuine reasons i want to extend my stay in US for additional 6 months..I also have a 10 year Visitor visa...

So my question is

1. After my student visa expires will i be allowed to stay in US for additional 6 months on visitor's visa..or

2. Will i have to come back to my home country and go again to US on visitor's visa..

If that is so then after a gap of how much time can i again leave to US on a visitor visa after coming back to my home country.. or

3. geting F1 visa means expired tourist visa and i will have to come back to my country and reapply for a new tourist visa.

Thank you

I would like the same thing because I am currently on my f1 which is about to expire but I have a b1/b2 visa which has 10 yrs on it so I would really like to know if I can switch to the b1/b2 without leaving the us.