Urch Forums

GMAT Quant Study Plan

linkcrease

Hi all,

I have just decided to take GMAT this coming May 6th, 2014. That leaves me 9 weeks in total to prepare. After reading multiple blogs (including from Ursula in this forum), I have picked Manhattan & OG for Quant.

Starting with Guide 1: Fractions, Decimals, and Ratios of Manhattan. I'm at Chapter 6, FDP, and the questions seem very hard to me. I am confused and would really love to get advice:

1. Is Manhattan Quant guide a good resource?
  2. If Yes, should I stick through: finish Manhattan --> move on to OG?
  3. If No, which other book should I move to?

About myself: I had a strong Math background in high school and college; Math was never a piece of cake but As were never an issue :(

Please advise!!!

Thank you all so much

:loveheart::loveheart::loveheart::loveheart:

• 7 months later...

I think that the MGMAT guides are great! They are very thorough and I think they are better than the OG guides for strategy and content, however the OG guides are definitely the best for practice questions. If you are having a lot of trouble with guide 1, however, I would recommend that you go back and start at the foundations of GMAT quant (MGMAT book in the strategy guide set). This should help get you up to speed on the topics and probably make the rest of the set go more smoothly.

Hope this helps and goo luck!