Urch Forums

Need help in deciding study material for Verbal section .

Tushar Kulkarni

Hi,

I am planning to give GRE on 1st OCT. I need your help in deciding the study material for Verbal section.

Currently I have with me ETS official guide, Manhattan 5lb book and GRE BIG BOOK(old syllabus containing 27 tests). I am planning to use Manhattan 5lb for Quant, and GRE BIG BOOK for verbal(only RC section), Magoosh and Manhattan wordlists and ETS book for everything.

So my questions are:

1) What should I refer for TC&SE?

2) Are the RCs from BIG BOOK relevant for new syllabus, or should I buy Manhattan RC book, (as it will also give me access to 6 tests)

3) Will the two wordlists(Magoosh and Manhattan prep) suffice?

• 1 month later...
Hi Tushar,To choose suitably materials, you should evaluate your level. If you are beginner, you have to use an easy book such as official guide and Cracking 2013 (Princeton Review). If you are advance, you can work with Manhattan books, Verbal Kaplan...I test the structure of the exam that is prejudice to RCs. RCs new is pretty different with old big book. It is up to you for the use of the wordlists.

• 4 years later...

Hi Tushar,

Its great that you are already studying from the ETS official guide and other books. If you still want advice, I'd suggest you to take a look at this Vocab App by Galvanize. It helps a lot with words and the GRE Verbal Section. I'm sure it will help so just take a look at it.

• 10 months later...