Urch Forums

335(V-167 Q-168)

saadbuet08

I just returned from my GRE exam, and I was very happy to see that I had scored so well.

I graduated in the beginning of June, so I budgeted 2.5 months for intensive GRE preparation. I think the main factor behind a high GRE score is practice. I would zealously go through the practice sections of the textbooks, swallowing up the exercises and going back to review which were my weak points.

I studied almost all waking hours for the last 3 weeks, due to the short amount of time I had budgeted for GRE prep. I didn't spend any time poring over word lists, but just practiced several hundreds of verbal questions and immediately looked up any words I encountered which I didn't know. I also used Magoosh's free apps available for android, which I installed on my tablet.

For the Quant section, again, I found the best strategy to be practice. I would do all the exercies I could get my hands on and then review which parts I had problems with, then go back and do a few more exercises from those parts.

I scored 331 in each of the two Official Guide Practice Tests, and 335 on one Powerprep 2 practice exam, which perfectly matched with my real GRE score of 335.

I just returned from my GRE exam, and I was very happy to see that I had scored so well. I graduated in the beginning of June, so I budgeted 2.5 months for intensive GRE preparation. I think the main factor behind a high GRE score is practice. I would zealously go through the practice sections of the textbooks, swallowing up the exercises and going back to review which were my weak points. I studied almost all waking hours for the last 3 weeks, due to the short amount of time I had budgeted for GRE prep. I didn't spend any time poring over word lists, but just practiced several hundreds of verbal questions and immediately looked up any words I encountered which I didn't know. I also used Magoosh's free apps available for android, which I installed on my tablet. For the Quant section, again, I found the best strategy to be practice. I would do all the exercies I could get my hands on and then review which parts I had problems with, then go back and do a few more exercises from those parts. I scored 331 in each of the two Official Guide Practice Tests, and 335 on one Powerprep 2 practice exam, which perfectly matched with my real GRE score of 335.

hi need your help for the quant section,which books do you prefer and did you have any experience with the gre math bible.thank you.

• 1 month later...
I just returned from my GRE exam, and I was very happy to see that I had scored so well.

I graduated in the beginning of June, so I budgeted 2.5 months for intensive GRE preparation. I think the main factor behind a high GRE score is practice. I would zealously go through the practice sections of the textbooks, swallowing up the exercises and going back to review which were my weak points.

I studied almost all waking hours for the last 3 weeks, due to the short amount of time I had budgeted for GRE prep. I didn't spend any time poring over word lists, but just practiced several hundreds of verbal questions and immediately looked up any words I encountered which I didn't know. I also used Magoosh's free apps available for android, which I installed on my tablet.

For the Quant section, again, I found the best strategy to be practice. I would do all the exercies I could get my hands on and then review which parts I had problems with, then go back and do a few more exercises from those parts.

I scored 331 in each of the two Official Guide Practice Tests, and 335 on one Powerprep 2 practice exam, which perfectly matched with my real GRE score of 335.

hi,

what books did u use for verbal, rc in particular??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I studied for 2 months and was scoring for both verbal and maths Mid-150s on the practice test.I took the Actual Test today and got similar results Mid 150s.What books do you propose I use should I decide to retake the test.The scores are enough to get into A grad school however I don't they will help me to get a scholarship.I particularly have a problem with my RC sections.Still waiting for my AWA score though.Any suggestions would be appreciated.