Urch Forums

Please check my independent essay!!!

Jamal bawar

Question: Some people feel that students should be awarded for effort. Others think that students should only be rewarded for achievement and success. Which of these two viewpoints do you agree with? Provide specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Some students are awarded just because they had achieved something, while others are rewarded for just doing an effort. I personally believe that students should be awarded for effort and there are various reasons to support my choice.

First of all, by awarding a student for just making an effort makes them motivated for what they have attempted. If a student is awarded for an attempt on a particular subject who is not very good at, this reward will act a motivation springboard and he will eventually excel in that subject by trying harder. For instance, during my school years, I was given a certificate for performing well in my biology call in which I was not good at all. I utilized this opportunity as a motivation. As a result, I ended up by getting good grades in the final exam.

Secondly, history has proven that the best leaders and famous intellectual personalities were all not that smart and active as they were later. As a result of persuasive awards in their educational institutes, they developed certain love and tendency toward that particular area in which their performance was poor. As a consequence, they became the idols and role models for the next generation. They achieved their success just because they were awarded for their efforts.

The last but not least, as a result of rewarding for just an effort, a student will not be depressed. If a student is awarded for just making an effort, he will not lose heart and this will enable him to gain more confidence and study more and more till he is perfect. For example, John, who was my student at math class, did not do very well at his class quiz. Therefore, for the sake of him to not to lose heart, I graded him good, which made him not to lose confidence. As a result, he studied harder and did quite well in upcoming quizzes.

All in all, students should be awarded for just making an effort because they are motivated, most popular intellectuals have been successful just because of awards and students are not depressed.