Urch Forums

French/Belgian GPAs

jonmore

Hello people,

I would like to know what do you know about how French/Belgian GPAs do in the States at the time to apply for a PhD. So, I have a South American Undergrad and I know fairly well how do they read this kind of GPAs in the states. The problem is that I have a French/Belgian Master graded over 20 and I have no idea how they would read my 15.7/20 cum laude grade. starting from 16 they give magna cum laude, and summa at 18 or above. I am also a little worried about the only 2 courses I did not get into the cum laude range (12-14), which are my two macro courses. The rest is either on the 14-16 range or 16-18 with one at 19.

So fellas, I couldn't find any thread where you discuss French/Belgian GPAs and thus I created this one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best to all!

Generally speaking, schools have a lot of experience with international admissions, so there's someone at each department who is familiar with any given grading system you can think of (or at least they know who to consult). For this reason, I'd say it's safe to assume that your grades will be treated the same way as they would be in France.