Urch Forums

Intermediate Micro course

yathatsnotright

I am stuck and I am wondering if there is a sequential course in Intermediate Microeconomics Theory that I would be able to take online or so. I need to fulfill a pre-req for a grad school I want to apply too. Unfortunately I received a C+ in Intermediate Micro Theory and need to take a higher level course that comes right after.

Thanks

Intermediate micro is usually not offered at community colleges.

If you are absolutely positive that you can't retake it at your current school (keep trying), try to find a reasonably well-ranked four year college near you that you can take it at as a non-degree student.

Have already started learning on my own during some free time.. Studying some microeconomics, econometrics.

Any idea on math courses?

Would an MBA be just as good?

Depends. MBA will give you a management credential and lots of MBA's run NGO's, often as a second act after a career in business. However if you want to use your graduate study to learn about ID, you are better of with a MPA or MPP.

Currently working right now in big 4 audit and want to transition careers. I was contemplating taking math sequence at a college nearby but not sure.

I'm thinking if you are working for a big 4 you are a candidate for Harvard's MPA ID. This program is generally considered head and shoulders above conventional MPA's in terms of quantitative rigor.

What's that JHU app econ program good for anyway? Thought it would be decent for building technical skills.

This is just my uninformed opinion and effort to have a little fun and over simplify, but it is probably good for international students who want to get a degree from Hopkins and go back to their home countries. It is also probably very good at making money for the university.

I also see that it is a Washington dc based program so it is probably good for dc bureaucrats who are credential gathering.

only prerequisites for the program are a B in calculus and a B in intro micro/macro.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the program.

That said, this highlights what was discussed in another thread about the misconception about what is listed as "prerequisites" for programs vs. the background of successful applicants. Do some more research-you probably need more than just a B in calculus.