Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so yesterday, I learned Kellogg announced decisions because of TGC. People said they got mass emails to check their status. I received no such email and we all know I was rejected. Today, Duke seems to be announcing rejections after people got directed to check their website. Again, I received no such email (& I checked spam folders), am expecting a rejection, but nothing is posted. Was I deemed not even worthy of a mass reject?

ETA: no interview so I doubt I'm wait listed

Lack of an email probably means you made it through the round of desk rejects and at least got some additional consideration. My guess would be most of the mass email rejections were to people who were eliminated earlier on. But this is just conjecture on my part. Although, I know that some of the schools that where seriously considering me but never interviewed me also never sent me a official rejection.

Lack of an email probably means you made it through the round of desk rejects and at least got some additional consideration. My guess would be most of the mass email rejections were to people who were eliminated earlier on. But this is just conjecture on my part. Although, I know that some of the schools that where seriously considering me but never interviewed me also never sent me a official rejection.

That's both comforting and surprising (if I made it past "auto-reject" with them) :)

Should I contact them asking for status? I want to know (& am assuming reject so I won't get my feelings hurt), but I'm not sure I want to say "hey I saw online that you rejected a bunch of people, am I one of them?"

I play through Fable at least once a year. I love that game.

I played every title in the Fable franchise and I re-play them several times already :D Used to play and re-play and re-re-play Fallout series before I came across Fable. Man, if it wasn't for those video games, I would be in HBS right now .....

Should I contact them asking for status? I want to know (& am assuming reject so I won't get my feelings hurt), but I'm not sure I want to say "hey I saw online that you rejected a bunch of people, am I one of them?"

As someone who's been fully exploiting modern technological advances (i.e. email), I say there's no harm in shooting them an email. The trick would just be to coyly fish out an answer.

Well, only 3 more schools left for me to hear from, although they're all probably rejections. Anyone know of any schools that are doing multiple rounds of interviews this year?

Talked to INSEAD yesterday. I know they have given offers already and I am not one of the recipients. They say the applications are still under consideration and they may have few more interviews. I am not hopeful though..

Talked to INSEAD yesterday. I know they have given offers already and I am not one of the recipients. They say the applications are still under consideration and they may have few more interviews. I am not hopeful though..

Is this about quant marketing? I thought they would update candidates about the shortlist/wait-list status too even if they do not give a candidate priority admission.

I played every title in the Fable franchise and I re-play them several times already :D Used to play and re-play and re-re-play Fallout series before I came across Fable. Man, if it wasn't for those video games, I would be in HBS right now .....

I just can't get into 2 and 3. 2 was the first game I ever pre-ordered. The first was so amazing and I was stoked for it, but it was like they completely changed the concept of the game. If it weren't for video games I would not be at HBS, but I would probably have a lot more comic books read.

Please clarify which Department (Quant, CB) you mean. We all know from GC that Insead has already given offers for some other Departments.

OK, recommenders informed, friends informed, family notified, so now I can post it here!

Institution Name: USC Marshall

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: February 26th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Acceptance!!!!!!!!!

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised, relieved, and happy! This came late in the day, so I was surprised to see the email. Now I can sleep. And not stress about the fact that I didn't apply widely enough (and to WAY too few schools)

ETA: I guess I have to stop talking smack about the USC football team...

Edited by wannabephd

Please clarify which Department (Quant, CB) you mean. We all know from GC that Insead has already given offers for some other Departments.

It is for OB. Yes they have. But the office told me that few more interview calls could go. I think that may be because not all those who have been made an offer will accept..

Is this about quant marketing? I thought they would update candidates about the shortlist/wait-list status too even if they do not give a candidate priority admission.

No it was for OB. I think wait-list happens after one is interviewed. I am talking about more interview calls- But I may be wrong. For all you know, it is just a standard reply from the office...

OK, recommenders informed, friends informed, family notified, so now I can post it here!

Comments: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised, relieved, and happy! This came late in the day, so I was surprised to see the email. Now I can sleep. And not stress about the fact that I didn't apply widely enough (and to WAY too few schools)

Congratulations!!! I can feel your excitement :) Are you planning on accepting?

Big congratulations!!! What a great program!

Wonderful news.. Congratulations :)

Hahaha, yay! No need to use those 95% off valentine's hearts now. Congratulations!