Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

It is for OB. Yes they have. But the office told me that few more interview calls could go. I think that may be because not all those who have been made an offer will accept..

This is the forum for Marketing, and not OB. And to be honest, all the Departments don't make decisions the same way. So, what may be true for OB, may not be true for CB or Quant and vice versa.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, recommenders informed, friends informed, family notified, so now I can post it here!

Institution Name: USC Marshall

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: February 26th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Acceptance!!!!!!!!!

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised, relieved, and happy! This came late in the day, so I was surprised to see the email. Now I can sleep. And not stress about the fact that I didn't apply widely enough (and to WAY too few schools)

ETA: I guess I have to stop talking smack about the USC football team...

Huge Congratulations!!! So do you have any school to turn down definitely?

OK, recommenders informed, friends informed, family notified, so now I can post it here!

Institution Name: USC Marshall

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: February 26th

Notification: Acceptance!!!!!!!!!

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised, relieved, and happy! This came late in the day, so I was surprised to see the email. Now I can sleep. And not stress about the fact that I didn't apply widely enough (and to WAY too few schools)

ETA: I guess I have to stop talking smack about the USC football team...

Congrats man. That's great.

Just found out that I am on the Waitlist at INSEAD with three people ahead of me. They made one CB and one Quant offer. Probably not going to convert to an Accept given how popular INSEAD has been on this thread this year. C'est la vie.

At least my Mom will be happy that I'm not moving to the other side of the world. In fact, I might not even move at all if Oregon admits me.

Just found out that I am on the Waitlist at INSEAD with three people ahead of me. They made one CB and one Quant offer. Probably not going to convert to an Accept given how popular INSEAD has been on this thread this year. C'est la vie.

At least my Mom will be happy that I'm not moving to the other side of the world. In fact, I might not even move at all if Oregon admits me.

Congratz bro. Being third in line for the iron throne of France isn't bad at all. Your mom should not let her guard down now. Guys got admitted/waitlisted at INSEAD might very well also get admitted at H/S/W or LBS. Who knows? :p

crossing fingers for Oregon- hope you actually biked to the interview:)

The chickens are probably also excited if you don't move to the other side of the world :)

Oh also - kudos for the WL and I'm glad they told you where you stand on the list.

crossing fingers for Oregon- hope you actually biked to the interview:)

The chickens are probably also excited if you don't move to the other side of the world :)

Oh also - kudos for the WL and I'm glad they told you where you stand on the list.

I kind of wish I biked too. It took me more time to drive, find parking, and walk to the other side of campus than it would have to bike there. The only problem is that I was wearing a suit, and I didn't really want to mess it up. I wore a green shirt w/ yellow tie.

Yeah, I think the chickens would be glad to have us stay. I don't think they're ready to take their retirement trip on Crockpot Cruiselines yet.

Yeah, Paulo at INSEAD has been really good about getting back to me and keeping me in the loop thru this whole process. I would have liked to work with him if I was Quant.

Congratz bro. Being third in line for the iron throne of France isn't bad at all. Your mom should not let her guard down now. Guys got admitted/waitlisted at INSEAD might very well also get admitted at H/S/W or LBS. Who knows? :p

Thanks! My Mom will be bummed about the UCI rejection, but I probably wouldn't have gone there anyway since it isn't really a great research match.

Is this waitlist after or before the interview?

I kind of wish I biked too. It took me more time to drive, find parking, and walk to the other side of campus than it would have to bike there. The only problem is that I was wearing a suit, and I didn't really want to mess it up. I wore a green shirt w/ yellow tie.

Yeah, I think the chickens would be glad to have us stay. I don't think they're ready to take their retirement trip on Crockpot Cruiselines yet.

Yeah, Paulo at INSEAD has been really good about getting back to me and keeping me in the loop thru this whole process. I would have liked to work with him if I was Quant.

OK, I didn't actually hope you biked to the interview...Not a good idea in a suit.

I do like the green shirt with yellow tie. Though it would have probably been even more impressive if you say, stepped into the men's room every 5 minutes and came out with a different shade of green and yellow, or different combinations of those colors. You know, kind of similar to the Oregon football team and their constant changing uniforms.

And I'm sorry, but I literally laughed out loud at "Crockpot Cruiselines". I guess it's healthier than "Deep Fried Airlines"

So I have checked this page hoping for updates at least ten times today. gradcafe too. I have a feeling I'm not the only one ;)

I'm the same, but with emails. Feels like every day now I'm getting some kind of update. Narrowed down to a few schools now though.

Institution Name: U of South Carolina

Concentration: Marketing CB

Date of Notification: February 28th

Notification: Accept

Posted on GradCafe?: No

Comments: Any suggestions about choosing between VT and U of South Carolina?

Institution Name: virginia tech

Date of Notification: February 24th

Institution Name: U of South Carolina

Date of Notification: February 28th

Comments: Any suggestions about choosing between VT and U of South Carolina?

Congrats!!! That's awesome! And no suggestions on choosing between those schools. Perhaps 'ranking', placement, size of program, etc? Or location? Or 'gut feel'?

Congrats!!! That's awesome! And no suggestions on choosing between those schools. Perhaps 'ranking', placement, size of program, etc? Or location? Or 'gut feel'?

Thank you! Actually I am quite confused about the "ranking" thing~ I just get a better 'gut feel' about USC for no reason and is trying to convince myself by some rational reason.