• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Institution Name: Columbia University

Concentration: Marketing CB

Date of Notification: March 2nd, 2015

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Accept

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Happy to be admitted to my top choice!!! Great program and people :)

Institution Name: Columbia UniversityConcentration: Marketing CBDate of Notification: March 2nd, 2015Type of Notification: EmailNotification: AcceptPosted on GradCafe?: Not yetHappy to be admitted to my top choice!!! Great program and people :)
Awesome!!! CONGRATS!!

Congrats!!! That's awesome! And no suggestions on choosing between those schools. Perhaps 'ranking', placement, size of program, etc? Or location? Or 'gut feel'?

Congrats, Huan0780! Are you still waiting for other offers, which are better than VT and SC?

Congrats dude. That's awesome.

So, I figured I'd dump a bunch of notifications and stuff here. Don't remember any of the dates, so just posting the basics. Some aren't here (b/c schools have asked me to keep it private), so PM me if curious :)

Sorry for any duplicates from earlier posts

none of these are on gradcafe fyi (laziness)

Institution Name: UCLA

Concentration: Marketing

Notification: Phone Interview

Comments: Withdrew considering I don't see myself choosing them over my other offers.

Institution Name: Northwestern

Notification: Rejection

Comments: Eh, from what I heard I wouldn't fit into their style of program anyways. I need a bit more hand-holding than I hear they provide.

Institution Name: UPenn

Comments: Thought I had a chance to get off the waitlist and get an offer. Guess not. They were my #1 at the start of the process, so this one stings.

Institution Name: Duke

Comments: Not surprising for some reason.

Institution Name: UCSD

Concentration: Management

Notification: Acceptance

Comments: Out of the blue. Definitely considering them. Risky choice-high risk with the newness of the program, but high reward with the faculty they've got.

Institution Name: Columbia

Notification: Campus Interview

Comments: Visited with arcenciel on Friday. If I don't get an offer, it's ok-he deserves it more :)

Institution Name: Yale

Type of Notification: Email/Phone Call

Comments: Kind of surprised. Some really top-notch applicants at the campus interview with more experience. Still surprised, even weeks later.

Institution Name: Florida

Comments: Visited there. Weak outside of the marketing department, but the department itself is top-20. Badly underrated program.

Institution Name: Toronto

Comments: Interviewed first. Really solid program, lots of young blood with a lot of potential. Unique and innovative. Close to home (good and bad).

Institution Name: WUSTL

Notification: Skype, Campus Interview

Comments: Couldn't make the campus interview. Really like the group there, and love St. Louis, but reservations similar to UCSD.

Institution Name: Carnegie Mellon

Concentration: SDS

Notification: Campus Invite

Comments: Visited. Really interesting program and group of people.

Waiting on inevitable Chicago and NYU rejections (since I haven't heard back yet).

So, I figured I'd dump a bunch of notifications and stuff here. Don't remember any of the dates, so just posting the basics. Some aren't here (b/c schools have asked me to keep it private), so PM me if curious :)

Sorry for any duplicates from earlier posts

none of these are on gradcafe fyi (laziness)

Institution Name: UCLA

Notification: Phone Interview

Comments: Withdrew considering I don't see myself choosing them over my other offers.

Institution Name: Northwestern

Comments: Eh, from what I heard I wouldn't fit into their style of program anyways. I need a bit more hand-holding than I hear they provide.

Institution Name: UPenn

Comments: Thought I had a chance to get off the waitlist and get an offer. Guess not. They were my #1 at the start of the process, so this one stings.

Institution Name: Duke

Comments: Not surprising for some reason.

Institution Name: UCSD

Concentration: Management

Comments: Out of the blue. Definitely considering them. Risky choice-high risk with the newness of the program, but high reward with the faculty they've got.

Institution Name: Columbia

Notification: Campus Interview

Comments: Visited with arcenciel on Friday. If I don't get an offer, it's ok-he deserves it more :)

Institution Name: Yale

Type of Notification: Email/Phone Call

Comments: Kind of surprised. Some really top-notch applicants at the campus interview with more experience. Still surprised, even weeks later.

Institution Name: Florida

Comments: Visited there. Weak outside of the marketing department, but the department itself is top-20. Badly underrated program.

Institution Name: Toronto

Comments: Interviewed first. Really solid program, lots of young blood with a lot of potential. Unique and innovative. Close to home (good and bad).

Institution Name: WUSTL

Notification: Skype, Campus Interview

Comments: Couldn't make the campus interview. Really like the group there, and love St. Louis, but reservations similar to UCSD.

Institution Name: Carnegie Mellon

Concentration: SDS

Notification: Campus Invite

Comments: Visited. Really interesting program and group of people.

Waiting on inevitable Chicago and NYU rejections (since I haven't heard back yet).

Congrats man. those are big names.

Big Congrats!

Congrats, Huan0780! Are you still waiting for other offers, which are better than VT and SC?

It's very possible I would go SC. I am still interviewing with Arizona, just feel it doesn't hurt to talk with other professors before I make the decision.

It's very possible I would go SC. I am still interviewing with Arizona, just feel it doesn't hurt to talk with other professors before I make the decision.

Hi! I'm not new to this site - been following along - but decided it was time to start contributing. I was wondering which Arizona program you were considering: U of Arizona or Arizona State? Bc I accepted ASU's offer yesterday.

**Also, I heard through the grapevine that the faculty at SC is volatile (aka high chance of leaving). So, be wary about that. I'm sure you spoke with the same member I interviewed with at SC and he's actually leaving.

Hi! I'm not new to this site - been following along - but decided it was time to start contributing. I was wondering which Arizona program you were considering: U of Arizona or Arizona State? Bc I accepted ASU's offer yesterday.

**Also, I heard through the grapevine that the faculty at SC is volatile (aka high chance of leaving). So, be wary about that. I'm sure you spoke with the same member I interviewed with at SC and he's actually leaving.

^I heard the exact same thing after my interview with SC. Not to say it's not a good program, but definitely something worth asking about. As for ASU vs U of A. Arizona generally implies U of A, which is a comparable program to both SC and ASU; but do your research on Tucson, IMO it's not a great place to spend 5 years.*

*Disclaimer: I'm a die hard Sun Devils fan, so take this with a grain of salt :)

^I heard the exact same thing after my interview with SC. Not to say it's not a good program, but definitely something worth asking about. As for ASU vs U of A. Arizona generally implies U of A, which is a comparable program to both SC and ASU; but do your research on Tucson, IMO it's not a great place to spend 5 years.*

*Disclaimer: I'm a die hard Sun Devils fan, so take this with a grain of salt :)

Yes, I heard that as well - Tucson not being the best place to live ://

**Also, for all of those still waiting to hear back from a program at the top of your list, I highly recommend contacting faculty members you interviewed with or any of those on the admissions committee to state your commitment to that program (i.e. "If I'm offered admission, I will accept your offer."). Faculty want to make sure you'll attend, so they don't waste time and effort.

Hi, yes. That was me. I interviewed with them Feb 9. I was contacted again Mar 2 - UO wanted to check in and see if I was interested to talk over the phone.

Did anyone on here make the post about Oregon on Grad Cafe. I thought they had two slots this year!?!?

Are you both CB? I only ask because it may be that they have 1 CB and 1 quant offer to give and they're figuring out one vs the other...

ETA: Or perhaps they have one more slot they've recently gotten funded for.

(I'm not basing this on anything BTW)