2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

Institution Name: University of Oregon

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: March 3rd

Type of Notification: Phone call

Notification: ACCEPTED!!!

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: If you've been following my posts, you know how much this means to me... and the chickens.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments: If you've been following my posts, you know how much this means to me... and the chickens.

ohhhmyword conngraatss dude. whaat the whaat

It feels like a freaking Disney movie. I'm so excited for you bro. Congratulations!

Insanity. Congratulations, Oregon's a good school, and you'll get to have at least 5 more years of fresh eggs. See you at future conferences!

OMG OMG OMG!! I saw this on TGC and specifically logged on to see if this was you. Congrats dude! No crockpot cruiselines for the chickens.

ETA: Now you get to bike without being in a suit! Oh, and if I take USC's offer, we're not friends during football season. Just know that. :)

Few of us on here are friends during football season.

Good to know. I find it hilarious that the schools I heard back from are either Pac-12 or B1G. My undergrad is Pac-12 and MBA is B1G. It's like my whole academic career is the old school Rose Bowl (before this playoff nonsense)

BIG Congrats!!

Big big big congratulations to your chickens! :D Man, your Endristlemnar finally came to an end, didn't it? :p

Wonderful news.. :) Congrats buddy..

Hi! I'm not new to this site - been following along - but decided it was time to start contributing. I was wondering which Arizona program you were considering: U of Arizona or Arizona State? Bc I accepted ASU's offer yesterday.

**Also, I heard through the grapevine that the faculty at SC is volatile (aka high chance of leaving). So, be wary about that. I'm sure you spoke with the same member I interviewed with at SC and he's actually leaving.

It's U of Arizona. And yes, I heard that too that one professor in quant side is joining UA and another in CB is leaving too. Sad about it. But I still feel that SC is slightly beter than UA. Though I do think UA is good. And now UA is waiting for my response. Any suggestion on that?

Hi! I'm not new to this site - been following along - but decided it was time to start contributing. I was wondering which Arizona program you were considering: U of Arizona or Arizona State? Bc I accepted ASU's offer yesterday.

**Also, I heard through the grapevine that the faculty at SC is volatile (aka high chance of leaving). So, be wary about that. I'm sure you spoke with the same member I interviewed with at SC and he's actually leaving.

I just feel that there is not much senior left in SC but I do love the culture and the environment at SC.

ohhhmyword conngraatss dude. whaat the whaat

Thanks! And I appreciate the selfless advice to tell UO how I feel. (Although your post on Grad Cafe made me almost freak out in the middle of a regional sales meeting.) I saw the advice right before I boarded a plane from PHX to LAX and was trying to figure out how to word the e-mail on the flight. However, while I was typing in LAX, I got an e-mail from the PhD coordinator for Marketing to set up a time to talk tomorrow afternoon. I immediately responded that I was available anytime tomorrow, and he shot back that we could talk right then if I was available. He asked me if I was still considering UO. I told him that after meeting the faculty and PhD students, finding out that they recruited Troy Campbell, and plan to get eye-tracking software next year, UO was now at the top of my list. He said, "That's really great to hear because we wanted to give you an offer but were hesitant because we didn't know if you would accept and we didn't want to be left hanging til April 15th. I'll go ahead and get the paperwork started. (Paraphrased)"

It feels like a freaking Disney movie. I'm so excited for you bro. Congratulations!

This is very appropriate, especially since I grew up five miles from Disneyland and had an annual pass as a kid. I think I might send them a screenplay. Seriously, it's just like one of those movies where this guy becomes infatuated with some glamorous French model and the girl next door who has been his friend since grade school helps him try to impress her while hiding a secret crush. Everyone in the audience knows that he should be with the girl next door, but it takes him the better part of the movie to figure it out and finally there is a climactic scene where he's on the verge of losing her to... I don't know... some other guy asked her to prom, or maybe she's thinking about going away to college, or there's a Sharknado... anyway, climactic scene (probably raining): He confesses his recently realized true feelings, she embraces him, and they live happily ever after... and move to Oregon, have two kids and raise chickens.

Insanity. Congratulations, Oregon's a good school, and you'll get to have at least 5 more years of fresh eggs. See you at future conferences!

Thanks for all your advice. Especially when you evaluated my profile last year, and more recently about how placements aren't really the best way to judge a program. If any of those conferences happen to take place at UO, I owe you an omelet.

OMG OMG OMG!! I saw this on TGC and specifically logged on to see if this was you. Congrats dude! No crockpot cruiselines for the chickens.

ETA: Now you get to bike without being in a suit! Oh, and if I take USC's offer, we're not friends during football season. Just know that. :)

Haha! Thanks! I'm really looking forward to biking to campus. When I studied in Germany for a year, I biked everywhere and was in the best shape of my life... looking to shed a few pounds. Also, it's the green thing to do. Green and yellow. Go Ducks!

My dad came up here for a visit and wore a USC hat all around town...

BIG Congrats!!

Thanks!

Big big big congratulations to your chickens! :D Man, your Endristlemnar finally came to an end, didn't it? :p

Thanks! They actually had a pretty big day according to my wife. We got 10 eggs from 11 hens. Not bad. One of them even lays green eggs. I'm really glad Endristlemnar is finally over. There needs to be some sort of post-Endristlemnar ritual.

Wonderful news.. :) Congrats buddy..

Thanks!

Edited by Sheetrockero

Amazing. Congratulations!!! Go crazy!!

This is very appropriate, especially since I grew up five miles from Disneyland and had an annual pass as a kid. I think I might send them a screenplay. Seriously, it's just like one of those movies where this guy becomes infatuated with some glamorous French model and the girl next door who has been his friend since grade school helps him try to impress her while hiding a secret crush. Everyone in the audience knows that he should be with the girl next door, but it takes him the better part of the movie to figure it out and finally there is a climactic scene where he's on the verge of losing her to... I don't know... some other guy asked her to prom, or maybe she's thinking about going away to college, or there's a Sharknado... anyway, climactic scene (probably raining): He confesses his recently realized true feelings, she embraces him, and they live happily ever after... and move to Oregon, have two kids and raise chickens.

This definitely needs to include a crazy best friend who is always getting into mischief and saying ridiculous things like, "I knew I shouldn't have eaten that Caesar Salad for breakfast." and "Man if Superman were here, we'd have all igneous rocks we needed."

Amazing. Congratulations!!! Go crazy!!

Thanks! Will do!

This definitely needs to include a crazy best friend who is always getting into mischief and saying ridiculous things like, "I knew I shouldn't have eaten that Caesar Salad for breakfast." and "Man if Superman were here, we'd have all igneous rocks we needed."

Definitely!

It's U of Arizona. And yes, I heard that too that one professor in quant side is joining UA and another in CB is leaving too. Sad about it. But I still feel that SC is slightly beter than UA. Though I do think UA is good. And now UA is waiting for my response. Any suggestion on that?

UA is Eller, right? Dang, it's a great school. For some reason I always mistake UNA's b-school for UA's. I can tell b-school names but I am real bad at the big U names. My bad giving false info :(

Dude, if you get off INSEAD w-list then you'll still be getting plenty of glamorous French models ... but I bet your wife and the chickens are not gonna be happy going Francais. :D

And that's how that's done! Good game. :)

UA is Eller, right? Dang, it's a great school. For some reason I always mistake UNA's b-school for UA's. I can tell b-school names but I am real bad at the big U names. My bad giving false info :(

...By UNA I'm thinking you mean NAU (Northern Arizona University)? NAU doesn't have a doc program, and their MBA is significantly lower than either UA or ASU. Beautiful campus but they primarily focus on the health fields (PA and PT are their big ones) rather than business. (Sorry for rambling, AZ native!)

@huan0780 Eller is a great school, and I definitely wouldn't rule them out against SC. That said, at the end of the day, you need to go with where you think you'll be most productive. Your gut isn't a bad decision maker (in my experience).

Edited by med2015
a word

...By UNA I'm thinking you mean NAU (Northern Arizona University)? NAU doesn't have a doc program, and their MBA is significantly lower than either UA or ASU. Beautiful campus but they primarily focus on the health fields (PA and PT are their big ones) rather than business. (Sorry for rambling, AZ native!)

@huan0780 Eller is a great school, and I definitely wouldn't rule them out against SC. That said, at the end of the day, you need to go with where you think you'll be most productive. Your gut isn't a bad decision maker (in my experience).

Yeah, NAU I meant. Told you I'm not good with big U names. I know NAU has a b-school and wasn't sure about their doctoral program. That's why I said they're not on the same level with ASU or SC. Now that's sorted out, ASU Carey, UA Eller, and SC Moore are pretty comparable.

Yeah, NAU I meant. Told you I'm not good with big U names. I know NAU has a b-school and wasn't sure about their doctoral program. That's why I said they're not on the same level with ASU or SC. Now that's sorted out, ASU Carey, UA Eller, and SC Moore are pretty comparable.

I agree with this assessment. They are all about the same level to me.

Haha completely understandable if you're not from AZ to get them all mixed up. I do that with pretty much every other state :)

Woah! Sorry to sidetrack but did anyone ever hear from UBC? According to gradcafe someone interviewed a month ago.

Bum bum bum... and another one bites the dust.

Not this cycle but, for your reference, I applied to UBC for Fall 2014. Got dinged but the rejection came in late April. No interviews so I wasn't on any unofficial waitlist or something. For UBC, I think no news = bad news :(