Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

This is hilarious. I feel the same way with lots of acronyms of schools depending on where you are. Example: on TGC, someone is asking if "USC" interviews meant University of Southern California or University of South Carolina. Also, OSU = Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, etc...

The OSU and USC one's kill me. I almost applied to both USC's but decided against them and UO trounced one OSU, but lost the national championship to a different OSU.

I like how University of Colorado goes by "CU" in order to avoid being a "UC"

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Institution Name: HEC Paris

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: February 5th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Acceptance

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments : Had a very relaxed interview before and loved my potential supervisor

----

Well, certainly not "INSEAD, mon amour..." but her French arch-rival. Good enough for me :)

Congrats Endrist.. Wonderful news :)

The OSU and USC one's kill me. I almost applied to both USC's but decided against them and UO trounced one OSU, but lost the national championship to a different OSU.

I'm a PAC-12 person and a huge football fan and even I had to think about what you were saying here :)

It's that whole conference that does that.

Colorado is part of the PAC-12. Which geographically makes no kind of sense to me

Haha I never even thought about the two OSU options. Maybe it's because for Ohio it's always THE Ohio State.

Or, you know, you could just call us The champs.

You have to keep rubbing it in, don't you? One of my customers lost a bet against his company's Columbus, OH branch. Now he has to display a custom made Ohio State ceiling tile in his showroom all year. I'm pretty sure that's going to affect sales. :doh:

After much speculation...

Sorry, but I always get confused. UMD is Maryland or Minnesota Duluth?

No offense but I would be very surprised if UMD turns out abbreviated for Minnesota Duluth.

And thanks all the bros/sis for your congratulations. Best of luck to everyone! And if somebody end-up landing at INSEAD, I would love to sit down with you for some French dining in Paris. :)

and diligent research...

I googled "UMD". The first results were University of Maryland (I did my MBA there, so that's where my mind goes when I see UMD), but halfway down the page it had results for University of Minnesota, Duluth. UMN Duluth refers to itself as "UMD" on the website, but their (unfortunate) web address is www. d.umn. edu

commentary about confusing abbreviations ...

This is hilarious. I feel the same way with lots of acronyms of schools depending on where you are. Example: on TGC, someone is asking if "USC" interviews meant University of Southern California or University of South Carolina. Also, OSU = Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, etc...

You forgot my favorite 'UM'. Miami? Minnesota? Michigan?

There is also UT. Texas? Tennessee?

the obligatory transition to football...

and, perhaps, a solution...

Then from now on Ohio state should be TOSU?

It's Maryland.

I thought it might be useful to make a compiled list of schools that we know have been active for Marketing to date (based on posts here and on GC). Here is what I have come up with:

-Arizona

-Cornell

-ESSEC Paris

-Florida State

-Harvard

-HEC Paris

-Indiana

-INSEAD

-Kentucky

-London Business School

-Massachusetts Amherst

-Maryland

-Memphis

-Michigan

-Minnesota

-MIT

-Northwestern

-Penn State

-Rochester

-South Carolina

-Stanford

-Texas A&M

-UT Austin

-Wharton

-Yale

If there are any I have missed, feel free to chime in.

I thought it might be useful to make a compiled list of schools that we know have been active for Marketing to date (based on posts here and on GC). Here is what I have come up with:

-Arizona

-Cornell

-ESSEC Paris

-Florida State

-Harvard

-HEC Paris

-Indiana

-INSEAD

-Kentucky

-London Business School

-Massachusetts Amherst

-Maryland

-Memphis

-Michigan

-Minnesota

-MIT

-Northwestern

-Penn State

-Rochester

-South Carolina

-Stanford

-Texas A&M

-UT Austin

-Wharton

-Yale

If there are any I have missed, feel free to chime in.

Arizona State

Oregon

Wisconsin

Pittsburgh

UCONN

Ohio State

Looks like Northwestern is Quant. From years past, doesn't seem like they posted all their invites at the same time

Institution Name: University of Oregon

Concentration: Marketing

Date of Notification: February 6th

Type of Notification: Email

Notification: Interview

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: I might ride my bike to the interview. I think I might get extra points for that.

That might work! Congrats!