Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh... after paper review? Sounds like I need to cross INSEAD off my list. I was told this week that they would have a shortlist by *hopefully* next week, but the old INSEAD Marketing posts on gradcafe show only rejections post-feb.

Yeah, I didn't get the paper review either, which means I probably won't make the short list either. According to someone that did get the paper review, INSEAD should have their short list early next week.

Uh oh... after paper review? Sounds like I need to cross INSEAD off my list. I was told this week that they would have a shortlist by *hopefully* next week, but the old INSEAD Marketing posts on gradcafe show only rejections post-feb.

Requested paper review last week. They said they were hurrying up.

Any news for UCLA CB?

Any news for INSEAD CB after paper review?

Sigh......

UCLA CB (if they consider me CB) sent me an interview request earlier today.

anyone hear back from Cornell?

Can double check with a friend of mine, but he's gotten either an official or unofficial offer from them (CB)

I think pretty much every important school has sent out interviews now, and I think the majority have already been giving out acceptances.

Any idea when you'll make a decision so schools can start their second round draft?

BTW: I like how you split upcoming interviews and post interview sweating. I think I'll do the same.

Edited by Sheetrockero

I think pretty much every important school has sent out interviews now, and I think the majority have already been giving out acceptances.

I agree- but the schools that are not sending formal rejections... I guess this is normal?

Wonder if they are just waiting it out till everyone decides where to go-

Congrats on the 5 admits!

Look forward to seeing you next week :)

I agree- but the schools that are not sending formal rejections... I guess this is normal?

Wonder if they are just waiting it out till everyone decides where to go-

Yeah most schools don't send out official former rejections in my experience. They like to keep it open in case they need to move down the list, or they have other things that are more important to do.

Yeah most schools don't send out official former rejections in my experience. They like to keep it open in case they need to move down the list, or they have other things that are more important to do.

After closing selection they should really spend a tiny part of that application fee and send a rejection letter... it's just common courtesy.

I applied to a midwest school in 2013. My application has been "under committee review" for a few years. I never asked them about it. They never told me about it. It was like kindergarten all over again. I gave her a cookie. She did not return it yet she did not eat it. I just wanted her to eat it (and kiss me) or throw it back at my face. But I never had the balls to suck it up to her. Forever in limbo, I was. Forever in limbo, I am. Trust me, they don't send out rejections because they love us. At least I tend to think it that way.

2 of the Californian schools officially kicked me out this week. Now these were ambitious apps, no doubt. However, I don't feel bad about it. At this point in time, they have helped me reduce anxiety :)

Bummer :( I didn't apply to the Northern CA schools - cost of living reasons. Waiting to hear back from Southern CA schools.

Based on previous years' results on Grad Cafe, it seems like a lot of schools send out rejections the first week in March. There should be a special name for the first week in March, something like "Cut Week" or "The Week of One Thousand Cuts" or "The Week That Dreams Shatter".

I've noticed that too. One of my schools tends to reject via the postal service right around now. So in addition to stalking my email, I've been anxiously going to my apartment mailbox...This is just nuts!

All the best to you during "PhD March Madness Week" ("PhD March Sadness Week?") I'm not good at creating names for things

I've noticed that too. One of my schools tends to reject via the postal service right around now. So in addition to stalking my email, I've been anxiously going to my apartment mailbox...This is just nuts!

All the best to you during "PhD March Madness Week" ("PhD March Sadness Week?") I'm not good at creating names for things

I'm in the same boat regarding postal mail in addition to e-mail.

March Madness/Sadness is pretty approriate and plays on an existing college-y thing. I feel like a bunch of Marketing PhD applicants should be able to come up with something really snappy for this pivotal week.

Best of luck to you too!

I suggest we call it "Endristlemnar." It's Tolkien's Quenya for "Week of Heart Breaks" (enda: heart, rist: cut, lemnar: week). It sounds cool and it has my name in it :D

or else, I can try to come up with some Game of Thrones High Valyrian names too ... :p

March Madness/Sadness is pretty approriate and plays on an existing college-y thing. I feel like a bunch of Marketing PhD applicants should be able to come up with something really snappy for this pivotal week.

Best of luck to you too!

I now wish I had created a bracket of marketing phd programs/my application decision. Not sure if I'd start with 64..., but maybe 32, sweet 16, elite 8, etc, based off of where I applied and heard from. The seeds/divisions are based on likelihood of accepting me. That allows for some cinderella stories (think Dayton, Stanford, Florida Gulf Coast in recent years), except in my case, Duke and Kellogg would be my Cinderella schools.

I think it would be funny if schools did that with us. Like - an applicant with below average test scores and/or GPA becomes a bracket buster and advances to their elite 8, final 4, etc., so all of a sudden, instead of pulling for the 800 GMAT with a 4.0 from Harvard in econ, they're pulling for the 400, 1.7 in basketball from the Wannabephd school of business.

Edited by wannabephd

Best of luck to you too!

I think we should move away from terms like cut/sadness/heartbreak (Although March Sadness is catchy). We wouldn't be applying for PhDs if we didn't have a lot of options; we are talented, bright, hard-working individuals and we are willing to take chances to pursue what we want. Applications are down this year because many people believe there are better opportunities in industry and industry ain't so bad. Just remember that, no matter what happens, you are the cat's pajamas and it's too bad for the schools you applied to if they didn't see that this year.

So I'm going to propose Haters Gonna Hate Week or maybe Brush Your Shoulders Off Week (Get Back on the Horse Week sounds terrible and out-of-touch, but it has the same meaning). One bad application season isn't going to stop us.

I think we should move away from terms like cut/sadness/heartbreak (Although March Sadness is catchy). We wouldn't be applying for PhDs if we didn't have a lot of options; we are talented, bright, hard-working individuals and we are willing to take chances to pursue what we want. Applications are down this year because many people believe there are better opportunities in industry and industry ain't so bad. Just remember that, no matter what happens, you are the cat's pajamas and it's too bad for the schools you applied to if they didn't see that this year.

So I'm going to propose Haters Gonna Hate Week or maybe Brush Your Shoulders Off Week (Get Back on the Horse Week sounds terrible and out-of-touch, but it has the same meaning). One bad application season isn't going to stop us.

OK, true. But what about my bracket idea? There's some schools I am waiting to get rejections from and I'll hear those first week of March. :)

Note: I'm actually very optimistic about my chances - maybe naively so with the two schools I have interviewed with but haven't heard back from, and am just waiting to hear positive news this coming week. But, I just have this feeling it will all work out. :tup: :encouragement:

Although, I am now mad at you for getting that god awful Taylor Swift "shake-it-off" song in my head. :wallbash:

Edited by wannabephd

I now wish I had created a bracket of marketing phd programs/my application decision. Not sure if I'd start with 64..., but maybe 32, sweet 16, elite 8, etc, based off of where I applied and heard from. The seeds/divisions are based on likelihood of accepting me. That allows for some cinderella stories (think Dayton, Stanford, Florida Gulf Coast in recent years), except in my case, Duke and Kellogg would be my Cinderella schools.

I think it would be funny if schools did that with us. Like - an applicant with below average test scores and/or GPA becomes a bracket buster and advances to their elite 8, final 4, etc., so all of a sudden, instead of pulling for the 800 GMAT with a 4.0 from Harvard in econ, they're pulling for the 400, 1.7 in basketball from the Wannabephd school of business.

While we're at it, we could also make up a drinking game. For every rejection you take a shot. If you get an acceptance, you buy a round.

I suggest we call it "Endristlemnar." It's Tolkien's Quenya for "Week of Heart Breaks" (enda: heart, rist: cut, lemnar: week). It sounds cool and it has my name in it :D

or else, I can try to come up with some Game of Thrones High Valyrian names too ... :p

I like it. It captures the essence of the first week of March in a mysterious, mythical tongue.

Also, merchandising opportunities are huge! I'd totally buy a glass heart to throw against a wall... Oh, or a Heart shaped glass that you could drown your sorrows with, and then smash against the wall! Actually, if this whole PhD thing doesn't work out, maybe I could open up a bar with that gimmick for people after they break up or divorce.