Urch Forums

2015 Marketing Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

lfollis

I like it. It captures the essence of the first week of March in a mysterious, mythical tongue.

Also, merchandising opportunities are huge! I'd totally buy a glass heart to throw against a wall... Oh, or a Heart shaped glass that you could drown your sorrows with, and then smash against the wall! Actually, if this whole PhD thing doesn't work out, maybe I could open up a bar with that gimmick for people after they break up or divorce.

Just stock it with post-Valentines Day heart-type merchandise. I'm sure you can get some at 95% off right about now. Score!

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insomnia + Refreshing TGC = an update

Institution Name: Northwestern Kellogg

Concentration: Marketing (CB)

Date of Notification: February 24th

Type of Notification: Checked gradstatus, then was directed to the Apply Yourself website.

Notification: Rejection

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments: Ah, THERE my Kellogg rejection is. I was wondering what took you so long. For some reason, this isn't making me upset, even though my first firm decision I got was a rejection. I wonder why they didn't send an email letting me know to check the website.

Edited by wannabephd
hard to read when not bolded

Insomnia + Refreshing TGC = an update

Institution Name: Northwestern Kellogg

Type of Notification: Checked gradstatus, then was directed to the Apply Yourself website.

Posted on GradCafe?: Not yet

Comments: Ah, THERE my Kellogg rejection is. I was wondering what took you so long. For some reason, this isn't making me upset, even though my first firm decision I got was a rejection. I wonder why they didn't send an email letting me know to check the website.

I got it too. Maybe they were trying to do us a favor by narrowing our choice set. It's like I can already feel the reduction in cognitive load ;)

Brush 'em off!

Institution Name: University of Maryland (Robert H Smith)

Type of Notification: Website. I saw a bunch of rejections on Grad Cafe and decided to check.

Posted on GradCafe?: Yes

Comments: I woke up at 3:30am with my Spider sense tingling. Maybe I should try to go back to sleep...

I got it too. Maybe they were trying to do us a favor by narrowing our choice set. It's like I can already feel the reduction in cognitive load ;)

Brush 'em off!

Oh, I am just fine! When I was applying to MBA programs, someone told me that sometimes choices are removed from you so you can make better decisions. I am still waiting to hear from programs I'm more excited about from a personal standpoint, and it would truthfully have been hard to turn down Kellogg

Edited by wannabephd

Brush 'em off!

When I started out, I hoped that I would get exactly one acceptance in order to avoid second guessing my decision in the future. I think the rejections will feel a lot more relieving once I have an acceptance in hand though.

When I started out, I hoped that I would get exactly one acceptance in order to avoid second guessing my decision in the future. I think the rejections will feel a lot more relieving once I have an acceptance in hand though.

So at this point in time, I see 2 categories of people..

1) Ones with loads of acceptances.

2) Ones receiving 3-4 rejections per week and yet to hear their first "I do".

Clear Black n White, here, I see [Yoda Style]

So at this point in time, I see 2 categories of people..

1) Ones with loads of acceptances.

2) Ones receiving 3-4 rejections per week and yet to hear their first "I do".

Clear Black n White, here, I see [Yoda Style]

Or 3) limbo land, waiting to hear from a few schools you interviewed with...

I just got on GradCafe and saw that the night is dark and full of terrors. And Winter (or, as I prefer it, Endristlemnar--The Week of Heart Breaking) is coming, colored in fire and blood. Brothers of the Night Watch, brace. May the Old Gods of Westeros have mercy on us and the phrase "Valar Morghulis" will never cross our path. Whatever rejections thrown at us, we shall remain unbent, unbowed, unbroken. We will be growing strong in our academic quests. If they tell us to be patient, remind them that we do not sow; we reap our offers. Since, as Urchins, ours is the fury. When we get our hands on a decent offer, we will consider it with considerations to family, duty, honor. And, when we accept an offer, we will say this to the world: "Hear me roar!"

By the way, if your offer requires a deposit, don't forget to write the check. A Lannister always pays his debts.

http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7013&stc=1

I just got on GradCafe and saw that the night is dark and full of terrors. And Winter (or, as I prefer it, Endristlemnar--The Week of Heart Breaking) is coming, colored in fire and blood. Brothers of the Night Watch, brace. May the Old Gods of Westeros have mercy on us and the phrase "Valar Morghulis" will never cross our path. Whatever rejections thrown at us, we shall remain unbent, unbowed, unbroken. We will be growing strong in our academic quests. If they tell us to be patient, remind them that we do not sow; we reap our offers. Since, as Urchins, ours is the fury. When we get our hands on a decent offer, we will consider it with considerations to family, duty, honor. And, when we accept an offer, we will say this to the world: "Hear me roar!"By the way, if your offer requires a deposit, don't forget to write the check. A Lannister always pays his debts.http://www.www.urch.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7013&stc=1
Yeah TGC is a bit of a bloodbath right now

I just got on GradCafe and saw that the night is dark and full of terrors. And Winter (or, as I prefer it, Endristlemnar--The Week of Heart Breaking) is coming, colored in fire and blood. Brothers of the Night Watch, brace. May the Old Gods of Westeros have mercy on us and the phrase "Valar Morghulis" will never cross our path. Whatever rejections thrown at us, we shall remain unbent, unbowed, unbroken. We will be growing strong in our academic quests. If they tell us to be patient, remind them that we do not sow; we reap our offers. Since, as Urchins, ours is the fury. When we get our hands on a decent offer, we will consider it with considerations to family, duty, honor. And, when we accept an offer, we will say this to the world: "Hear me roar!"

By the way, if your offer requires a deposit, don't forget to write the check. A Lannister always pays his debts.

Were you on a horse when you wrote that? It sounds like you should have been on a horse. Anyway, it looks like Endristlemnar is coming early this year.

Yeah TGC is a bit of a bloodbath right now

In that sea of blood there is one green spot. Someone got accepted to Bocconi, which makes me think "Bacon-y" every time I see it.

@Sheetrockero: I paused and wrote it when I was playing the game Fable so yes, psychologically, I was on horseback the entire time. How you know that? Lol. Anyway, keep it strong bro. The Force (or the Dark Side, if you're with the Sith,) will be with you.

@keyvan37 congratz bro! (for some reason, I always think of broccoli when I hear Bocconi) :D

@Sheetrockero: I paused and wrote it when I was playing the game Fable so yes, psychologically, I was on horseback the entire time. How you know that? Lol. Anyway, keep it strong bro. The Force (or the Dark Side, if you're with the Sith,) will be with you.

I play through Fable at least once a year. I love that game.

Maryland extended their offers in mid-feb. Le sigh.

I actually knew that - I more was wondering if anyone on this board got into Kellogg or Maryland. I'm WL at Maryland and I learned mid Feb (Valentine's Day to be exact). Better than a reject, but not good for my personal sanity.

But I must say, I kept logging into my Maryland app today to make sure nothing changed after seeing the sea of red on TGC last night/today

OK, so yesterday, I learned Kellogg announced decisions because of TGC. People said they got mass emails to check their status. I received no such email and we all know I was rejected. Today, Duke seems to be announcing rejections after people got directed to check their website. Again, I received no such email (& I checked spam folders), am expecting a rejection, but nothing is posted. Was I deemed not even worthy of a mass reject?

ETA: no interview so I doubt I'm wait listed