Urch Forums

Acceptable GMAT: HBS, Stanford, Wharton

meLANc

Hi! I am Melanie from the Philippines. I finished college here in the US and I am planning to enroll in a prestigious university for my MBA. I believe the process and application is tough so I want to ask for your thoughts and suggestions on this. I have worked for 6 years now, 3 different jobs and took my GMAT with a 650 score. What are my chances in HBS, Stanford and Wharton?

• 6 months later...
650 is not even close to cutting it, but ofcourse you can try again. I don't know of anyone getting into those progrs with a GMAT lower than the 95th percentile. Based on your GMAT alone, I'd say no way, but there may be other aspects to your profile you are not divulging. They would pfcourse have to be pretty epic to make up for a 650. It's not bad, it's just not Wharton material.

• 1 year later...
Hi! I am Melanie from the Philippines. I finished college here in the US and I am planning to enroll in a prestigious university for my MBA. I believe the process and application is tough so I want to ask for your thoughts and suggestions on this. I have worked for 6 years now, 3 different jobs and took my GMAT with a 650 score. What are my chances in HBS, Stanford and Wharton?

You need a higher GMAT score for starters. Additionally, I would need to know more about your work experience in order to give you a well based answer. What have your main achievements during your career so far been? Any promotions or other unusual moves during your career?

Also, what is your post-MBA goal and how will an MBA help you get there?

Basically, I need more detail in order to answer you.