Urch Forums

Great GPA. Low GMAT (Particularly quant)

isti

Hi,

The first time I took GMAT, I scored 530 (Q39, V25). I know I messed up on the verbal because I didn't time myself well.

I decided to retake it and I focused both on verbal and quant while preparing again. However i put more emphasis on quant since I knew I wasn't doing really good on it from what I saw on my practice exams

My second attempt- I scored 610 (Q39, V34).

Now I'm a female electrical engineer, with an undergrad GPA 3.9/4.0. I was among the top 5% percent of my graduating class and I got As on all of my calculus and statistics courses back on school.

So, I'm really confused- why am I performing so badly on quant??

I just don't understand, despite going through all the prep materials, focusing on my weak areas and frequently taking practice exams, I continue to score bad on my quant.

My target schools are Rotman, Schulich, Rotterdam. Their average GMAT is around 650 and I'm 40-60 points lower.

I was wondering, if my good performance on my undergrad calc and statisitcs courses will help to leverage the low quant GMAT score?

• 2 years later...