Urch Forums

in-forum URLs are parsing incorrectly

Mikoyan

A number of people have asked about this. Delete everything through the second exclamation point in the linked URL.

Thanks! :)

Interesting... Some old threads wont work if I try to access them through Google. But when I post link here it changes the address and I can do the trick. For example: http://www.www.urch.com/forums/phd-economics/78206-phd-students-how-much-time-do-you-spend-studying.html

Update: Should be fixed now. I turned off a feature that seems to have stopped working (may have to do with PHP5). Let me know if I'm wrong. :-)

Old threads in econ phd FAQ are working now. :)

But another problem. Do you know is it just my with my browser/computer, or more common problem: some old threads that I find with Google don't work if I try to access them through Google, but they work when I post link to message preview here in urch.

For example lets say I google "how many hours per day in econ phd urch". One result is thread that I have linked below. But it doesn't work if I try to reach it in Google, it just tells me to: "Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in/home/urchmaku/public_html/forums/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 108"

But when I post link here it starts working. http://www.www.urch.com/forums/phd-economics/78206-phd-students-how-much-time-do-you-spend-studying.html

Yeah, what happened is this--some pages were displaying this error message (though below that error message you could still see the content of the page if you scrolled further down the page). (I have fixed a bunch of those errors, but I believe that some may persist.) In that time, Google spidered the page and cached the contents at that time. Since then, the pages have returned to normal, but Google is still showing the previous version of the page.

Google spiders websites pretty regularly, so that should hopefully be fixed soon.