Urch Forums

HOW TO PREPARE TO PASS THE 2017 FPGEE EXAMINATION

FPGEE2017PASS

HI everybody Im new in this Forum. Im a foreign Pharmacy graduated from Spain several years ago, not practicing, so I forgot a lot ...I live now in California and I want to start to prepare to take the PFGEE examination in April 2017. AND I WANT TO PASS IT. I would like to know which MATERIALS would cover for sure all the subjects included in the test. I have been reading several opinions from people who have just taken the test in October and it seems that the books that i thought I would study like Apha, Lippincotts Pharmacology and Pharmacy Examination review are not enough...??? Would you consider too add to the load the books that are specific to prepare NAPLEX also? What about online courses or youtube videos? Books are expensive so I would like to buy the ones I would think will lead me to pass the examination. Its a lot of time and money invested so I don't want to waste any of those. ALSO if there is anybody preparing for the test who want to be in contact with me and others while we prepare for the test that will be great and very supportive and encouraging ! I feel very isolated and I think it will help to be part of a study group, online group, etc if anybody is in LA that will be ideal but online is fine. Any suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Did you guys send the application to NABP? How long did take for you to get the EE # and the approval to sit for FPGEE?

I sent my application more than 6 weeks ago and until now I have not get anything back from them. Not sure what I should do now. I will contact them next week.

If you are planning to take the test in April, send the application as soon as possible because it takes forever to know if we qualify or not for the test.

Hi not sure if studying just those 2 books is enough. If you want to be part of the study group please send me a PM.

and we will organize how to communicate maybe first email and then Skype? anyone has experience in online study groups?

I have already submitted to NABP i could have taken the october exam if i would have been prepared. So i have

the OK papers to apply for the April examination. If you are in California the notary part is tricky but they know that

and they would accept the way they notarize documents in CA. I did it and it was accepted

Hi , yes it takes around 2 months and if you have to amend your application with missing stuff it can take more...I had to do lots of extra paper work getting license number from Spain, etc lots of back and forth plus is so difficult to communicate with them other than post or fax...I would advise to fax them just to make sure that you are not missing any documents and that is all alright

Hey Chris I also completed my studies in the UK back in 2014. I also happen to be based in NYC so if you want to study together/partner up that would be awesome! I've been approved for the FPGEE in April so if you're serious please get back to me! I was only approved 3 days ago so I'm just finalizing my study plan and I'm gonna get it moving soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I am going through the same as you. Graduated from Spain years ago and feeling lonely and disoriented with the certification process. My first concern is about the license. We do not need any extra exam to become member of the college but the registration. I was a member for many years but dropped out when I moved to the States, so I am not a member right now. They estate clearly that you have to submit a proof of license/registration from your country so, my question is: Could this be an inconvenience? What proof should I submit?

I am living in NC but I would be more than happy to keep in touch for referral and encouraging. I am planning to go to the test on Spring 2017 if I have the application approved for that time so, please, let me know how did you solve that license/registration requirement and any other issue you can have.

Regards.

Hello

I think you have to register again in Spain and then get confirmation from them. You can phone NABP directly and they will advise you. I have been passed eligible at the start of December so will take exam in April. NABP are helpful if you phone them.

Regards

Hi all of you preparing for the FPGEE April 2017 exam, we are still trying to organize a whatsup study group, things have been slowly until we figure out which books to have, where to focus and which study plan/course to follow from the several ones that are offered online, Facebook, etc. Please if you are still interested send me your name, email and phone number. If anybody have any valuable information please post. My email is mebm3001@gmail.com. Thanks. Mara

• 2 weeks later...
HI everybody Im new in this Forum. Im a foreign Pharmacy graduated from Spain several years ago, not practicing, so I forgot a lot ...I live now in California and I want to start to prepare to take the PFGEE examination in April 2017. AND I WANT TO PASS IT. I would like to know which MATERIALS would cover for sure all the subjects included in the test. I have been reading several opinions from people who have just taken the test in October and it seems that the books that i thought I would study like Apha, Lippincotts Pharmacology and Pharmacy Examination review are not enough...??? Would you consider too add to the load the books that are specific to prepare NAPLEX also? What about online courses or youtube videos? Books are expensive so I would like to buy the ones I would think will lead me to pass the examination. Its a lot of time and money invested so I don't want to waste any of those. ALSO if there is anybody preparing for the test who want to be in contact with me and others while we prepare for the test that will be great and very supportive and encouraging ! I feel very isolated and I think it will help to be part of a study group, online group, etc if anybody is in LA that will be ideal but online is fine. Any suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I'm in Raleigh north Carolina I need help how to start study and with what should I start ?