Urch Forums

Pass on the vocab list

seongpiljun

Hi everyone,

I am a nubie starter here. I am looking for a comprehensive and effective vocab list to ace the verbal section. I have word smart 1 and 2 (the blue and the green paperback) from SAT prep. Other than that, I have no other guides. Please help me find a good list! If there is a thread already, I would appreciate it, too, if you could provide the link. Thank you all!

Hi everyone,

I am a nubie starter here. I am looking for a comprehensive and effective vocab list to ace the verbal section. I have word smart 1 and 2 (the blue and the green paperback) from SAT prep. Other than that, I have no other guides. Please help me find a good list! If there is a thread already, I would appreciate it, too, if you could provide the link. Thank you all!

Hy seongpilijun,

Try these links...

IF YOU HAVE AMPLE TIME FOR PREPARATION (3 months or more)

1. Word power made easy... ------> coz once you are good with roots you can easily guess the meaning of any words with the same root...

2. you can also try "painless root" app for roots

3. try the android app named "painless gre" ------> this has 3395 words and quiz options to work and play with words... coz more than learning it is much easier when we play and learn

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MUCH TIME FOR PREP (30 days or so...)

1. Barron's high frequency words.... URL-----> " http://ferdouswahid.weebly.com/uploads/4/6/2/2/46225547/barron_800_essential_words_for_gre.pdf "

2. Majortest wordlist..... URL -----> " Word Lists : Vocabulary word lists for SAT, PSAT, GRE and other tests " (these two more than enough)

ALL THE BEST BUDDIE.....