Urch Forums

Profile Evaluation - Strategy/Management

saesoda

Test Scores (GMAT/GRE): 750 Q51 V40 AWA 5.5 IR 8Undegrad GPA: Major in Finance 3.2/4.0

Graduate GPA: Major in Business Administration - International Business 4.28/4.30. Top University in Korea

Research Experience: 2 working papers in collaboration with 2 professors- one distinguished professor reknowned in academia and my advisor. Expected to present in AIB/AOM and shoot one for publication in journal before Fall 2017.

RA for my professor, conducting literature review and collecting/coding data.. Nothing exceptional

Will have 2 strong LORs, but unsure about the third as the professor writing my third LOR has students also applying this winter.

Teaching Experience: None. TA for my advisor during Master's

Work Experience: None

Concentration Applying to: Strategy / Management

Number of programs planned to apply to: 15~20

Dream Schools: Maryland, UC Irvine, Toronto, NYU, INSEAD, Wisconsin-Madison

Questions or concerns you have about your profile? 1.Relatively low UGPA. Had worked 3 jobs during undergraduate studies and had some personal issues during my second year :(. However my grade in final year is mostly comprised of A~A+. Wondering if I should mention this in my SOP.

2. Lack of experience presenting in conference. Most of my peers seem to have experience in presenting at a major academic conference (e.g. AOM) at least once. I expect to present next year but have nothing to mention about that in my SOP.

Any additional specific questions you may have: Have no idea what tier of schools I should be targetting. What are my chances in the T20~30 or so programs? I will be applying widely but any idea on what tier of schools I should aim for would really be appreciated. I welcome any comments from non-management researchers as well!

Thanks in advance for all the insightful comments!