Urch Forums

2018 Ph.D. Business Administration Sweat Thread

tm_associate

It could be a hoax. Ted23 discovered that a Northwestern admit on Grad Cafe was fake (he emailed the department, which said that they hadn't made decisions yet). Usually, you see multiple posts at the same time when its real (e.g. Michigan Interviews, Northwestern Interviews, Chicago Decisions). So you can be somewhat skeptical.

That Northwestern admit is insisting he has the offer. There is also a UCLA admit now. Again I find that hard to believe since I saw nothing regarding UCLA interviews on grad cafe. It is either distressing news or someone being a real joker.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been leeching off of this forum for so long that I feel like I should finally contribute something. I can tell you that the UCLA admit for Strategy on Grad Cafe was real (because it's me, lol). But different departments could move at a different pace, and the stipend the finance admit mentions on Grad Cafe is slightly different from the one I was offered (though that might also differ by department/candidate). On the other hand, the Strategy prof invited me to an admit day next week that at least some of the other departments are also doing, so if that includes finance, the finance admit might be real. Sorry I don't have more definitive information.

I finally received my first offer from a Management PhD program! This is my second year applying and I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders! I say this because I did not have a plan-b, I knew I wanted to get a PhD and I was not going to let a few rejections last year stop me!

Congrats !!
I finally received my first offer from a Management PhD program! This is my second year applying and I feel like the weight of the world is off my shoulders! I say this because I did not have a plan-b, I knew I wanted to get a PhD and I was not going to let a few rejections last year stop me!

Missouri had interviews with 6 applicants. They admitted one, next week they will extend 1-2 offers. But I am very sure that at least one of the offer will be turned down.

Kentucky interviewed 12 applicants. They will accept 3-5 this year. At least 1-2 will be turned down

Good luck, Marketing guys!

For anyone with experience of Phd waiting lists, I am currently on a waiting list for Northwestern. Do you know what the chances are for moving off the waiting list and receiving an offer?

I was also waitlisted. My guess, looking at stats from previous years (~11 admitted, ~5 enrolled) is that there's a reasonably good chance at least one of us will get an offer. Best of luck! BTW did you post this result on the grad cafe?

I was also waitlisted. My guess, looking at stats from previous years (~11 admitted, ~5 enrolled) is that there's a reasonably good chance at least one of us will get an offer. Best of luck! BTW did you post this result on the grad cafe?

Yes I did. Are you the other one who posted a waitlist result for Kellogg? I think it has ranged from 14-16 admits for 5 enrols in recent years. So hopefully history is a good indicator.

I was notified of being selected for interview by a faculty at one of the universities I applied to and was given time slots to choose from including 2 over the weekend. Though I replied within an hour of receiving that email with my preference and also reminded the faculty I haven't heard back at all as I wait through my preferred time slot!!

Has anyone else faced this situation and how do I handle this?

Edited by ThePhDAspirant

Has anyone heard back from NYU (CB), Wharton (CB), Duke (CB), UT Austin (CB), INSEAD (CB), Maryland (CB), USC Marshall (CB)?

NYU Wharton Duke all sent their offers out. UTA USC has finished their interviews. FYI, Stanford Berkeley UCLA Columbia Northwestern also sent offers out.