Urch Forums

Toefl speaking and writing

Namarta

Hey everyone:panda:

I have my Toefl exam in a few days and I am really worried about the speaking and writing part of it. Any suggestions regarding how to tackle them would be appreciated. I want to score 110 or more as I am preparing to apply for the PhD program in pharmaceutical sciences in USA.

Hi Namarta, I just wanted to say good luck to you!

If you want to get a high score like a 110 on the TOEFL, you'll need to try to strive for perfect grammar. From the look of your post, your grammar is pretty good, but you need to change "in USA" to "in the U.S." You also need to change "the phD program" to "a phD" program because you're introducing this topic. When you mention the topic a second time, then you can say "the phD program."

What kinds of things do you struggle with for the speaking section and writing section? If you want a study partner to practice the speaking section, I can practice with you since I'm a native speaker and I have a lot of experience with the TOEFL.