Urch Forums

Can I submit the GMAT scores later than the deadline?

ccb

My professor told me that it is okay to submit the test score later than the deadline as they typically review the applicants in Feb. However, those admission offices in other universities keep saying it is a hard deadline for test score submission. I am so conscious about that as applying to one school costs about $150-200USD. I do not want to pay for nothing, not even a chance to be reviewed.

May I ask if anyone here actually submitted their scores later than the deadline and was able to get the offer?

Thanks a lot!

I would say that most schools review before February. As YaS said they likely start reviewing right after the holiday break.

I also agree that you should try to get them in on time if you can. I don't know if it will keep your application from being read, but ideally you should get them in by the deadline if possible.

Whether or not the application gets read might depend on the application system that the school has set up. Some won't send the application packet to the department until everything is completed, which might be a problem for you. Others have everything sent directly to the department as they come it, so you are probably alright to submit a little late.