Urch Forums

2018 Business PhD Interview/Admission/Rejection Results

tm_associate

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the numbers, but they also have subsidized housing that they guarantee for grad students.

Does anyone know stipend amount offered at Columbia PhD. I heard 30K an year, it seems very tight considering the school is in new york (manhattan). Does anyone have confirmed numbers?

Notification Type: Interview

Institution Name: Univ. of Minnesota (Carlson)

Concentration: Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship

Date of Notification: Feb 9

Type of Notification: Email.

Remarks: Had interview on Feb 15th. Missed posting it so sorry for the late post.

Georgia Tech(Scheller) gave out offers in Strategy and Penn State(Smeal) gave out offers in Management and Organization. I didn't see any post about these here or on Grad Cafe so just updating in the better interest of those who are waiting to hear from these schools. Seems like Penn State didn't give any offers in Strategic Management but gave offers in OB this time.

@cilantrophy: that’s awesome. Congratulations. It looks like an amazing program. I’m macro. Pretty sure that not a lot has happened on the macro side yet, at least if you haven’t interviewed together with them, that is. But I’ll take any info I can get. Congrats again on the offer. Go celebrate

Notification Type: Interview

Institution Name: London School of Economics

Concentration: Finance

Date of Notification: Feb 8

Type of Notification: Email.

Remarks: Had the interview on the 15th, and now the wait continues...

Does anyone know how long they take to reply? They told me 10-12 days, however I think they reply to their accepted students 1-2 days afterwards. Not sure though

Notification Type: Fly-out Interview

Institution Name: Northwestern - Kellogg

Concentration: Management

Date of Notification: Feb 8

Type of Notification: Email

Comments: 14 people invited to interview. According to the email: "The purpose of the visit is to get to know each other better. We can admit all invitees and have done so in the past."