Urch Forums

FPGEE April 2019 UK to US

Apunn

Hi all,

I am looking to convert my U.K qualification to US (New York specific if possible).

I have noted the process is not very easy or straightforward to follow.

I am aiming to prepare for the April 2019, to all enough time for myself to prepare the NABP application. However also have my brother's wedding (date unset) at this present moment but lingering around the month of April 2019. I called NABP for guidance of a specific date for April 2019 - but they couldn't advise me until October exam is done - Does anyone else have any idea when the April 2019 exam could be?

I'm reaching out for two further things here: Firstly A study buddy in the U.K? :)I'm from the Birmingham area

And also further guidance following sitting the Exam FPGEC...

Does the TOFEL exam have to be sat in the US or any test centre around the world?

I'm reading previous threads re: obtaining internships - how difficult is this? I wouldn't like to do al this work to find I would be applicable for an internship.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Goodluck October exam sitters hope it goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi am also from the uk also, and currently waiting to sit the october FPGEE. I wanted to take it in april but documents was not ready in time and what not as NABP take really long to process things, so everything is quite time consuming. BUt most likely the april exam will be in the first 2 weeks of april.

I am based in new york area at the moment working as a tech in walgreens to build experience and get used to their systems and also use it as a way to obtain internship through networking, however i am probably going to try and licence in new jersey as the intern hours requirement is 1500 whereas new york is 2800 or so and they are required to do a compounding exam which is not required by new jersey state.

While waiting for fpgee i have recently done toefl ibt to get it out of the way and so results can get to nabp in good time and not cause any delays. With all the exams for FPGEC it all has to be done in the United states including toefl for it to be accepted. From what i have been reading i think that obtaining the intern hours probably the most difficult part of the whole process, but working as a tech first and using it as a way to get a position should make it helpful.

Hi all,

I am looking to convert my U.K qualification to US (New York specific if possible).

I have noted the process is not very easy or straightforward to follow.

I am aiming to prepare for the April 2019, to all enough time for myself to prepare the NABP application. However also have my brother's wedding (date unset) at this present moment but lingering around the month of April 2019. I called NABP for guidance of a specific date for April 2019 - but they couldn't advise me until October exam is done - Does anyone else have any idea when the April 2019 exam could be?

I'm reaching out for two further things here: Firstly A study buddy in the U.K? :)I'm from the Birmingham area

And also further guidance following sitting the Exam FPGEC...

Does the TOFEL exam have to be sat in the US or any test centre around the world?

I'm reading previous threads re: obtaining internships - how difficult is this? I wouldn't like to do al this work to find I would be applicable for an internship.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Goodluck October exam sitters hope it goes well.

• 3 weeks later...

Kagun!

Wow - I'm so excited for you and Thank you so much for replying to me!! It's massively appreciated.

Well at the moment I have put the FPGEC application on hold because there has been no date release for April 2019 and I'm worried it will clash.

Ideally New York would what I want - so I calculate 2800 as about 17 month internship? What is the compounding exam you talk of?

Would you mind exchanging email address to talk over?

I hope the exam goes well for you!! Have you done lots of preparation?

Did you find it hard to apply and go through the process ? DId you do all this in the UK before flying out and setting up there ??

Is your current place of work something a U.K trained pharmacist can manage? I currently work for the NHs my exposure is primarily Hospital base.

If I don't manage to hear from you - I wish you all the best for the exam, not too long away now and hope it all goes accordingly.

Kind Regards :-)

• 4 months later...

Hi Kagun and Apunn!

Kagun - I'm in a similar position to you in that I am a U.K. pharmacist living in New York, but I am thinking of doing the FPGEE in April or October this year.

Could we exchange email addresses as it would be good to have contact with someone else in a similar situation in NY?

Apunn - I have heard from a U.S. pharmacist here as well that it is easier to obtain the New Jersey licence plus you avoid doing the New York compounding exam as Kagun said. I have also heard that the hardest bit of the whole process is obtaining an internship for foreign trained pharmacists as Kagun mentioned. I have heard that the main study reference to use is The APhA Complete Review supplemented with the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review for NAPLEX.

I am happy to exchange email addresses with you if you would like a study buddy or any advice. I started the application in the U.K. and it was time consuming particularly obtaining original exam transcripts from exam boards over there. Then I took all the documentation from the U.K. to the U.S. and got an American Notary Public to sign it before posting my form to the NABP.

The very best of luck with everything to the both of you!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am a UK based pharmacist and I am looking to start the application to do the FPGEE in October 2019. I wanted to ask if the documents must be signed by a US based notary public? Or would I be able to find a UK based one? Also how long did the whole application take?

I hope your exams went well!

Hi,

I am a UK based pharmacist and I am looking to start the application to do the FPGEE in October 2019. I wanted to ask if the documents must be signed by a US based notary public? Or would I be able to find a UK based one? Also how long did the whole application take?

Hello.

I paid an American notary public to verify all the documents once I moved to the U.S. and I used the local post office as it was cheaper than the U.K. quotes I received. At the time I presumed the NABP would prefer an American notary public for the application form. The whole process took about 9 months and the longest part for me was obtaining the certificates from the original exam boards in the U.K.

Best of luck with it all!

Hi Kagun and Apunn!

Kagun - I'm in a similar position to you in that I am a U.K. pharmacist living in New York, but I am thinking of doing the FPGEE in April or October this year.

Could we exchange email addresses as it would be good to have contact with someone else in a similar situation in NY?

Apunn - I have heard from a U.S. pharmacist here as well that it is easier to obtain the New Jersey licence plus you avoid doing the New York compounding exam as Kagun said. I have also heard that the hardest bit of the whole process is obtaining an internship for foreign trained pharmacists as Kagun mentioned. I have heard that the main study reference to use is The APhA Complete Review supplemented with the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review for NAPLEX.

I am happy to exchange email addresses with you if you would like a study buddy or any advice. I started the application in the U.K. and it was time consuming particularly obtaining original exam transcripts from exam boards over there. Then I took all the documentation from the U.K. to the U.S. and got an American Notary Public to sign it before posting my form to the NABP.

Hi UK Pharmacist - apologies I hadn't logged in for a long while.

My e-mail address is artipunn@hotmail.com

I didn't make the April exam and also didn't revise for it as the NABP took about 6-7 months to return paper work etc and the GPHC - UK Pharmacy license board also did something incorrectly, which I had to re-request.

I am keen to sit October. I love that you're out there already - enjoying it?

Please don't hesitate to get in touch

Hi Fan,

I started my application October 2018 - and NABP took about 6-7 months to get back with a certificate and letter to confirm I can apply for the FPGEE. ( I still haven't yet applied for the exam for various reasons)

Overall my A- Level boards, acted very quickly in reply and sending the certifcates to the ECE - within about 4-5 weeks, and my FPGEC application, including obtaining a U.K. Based Notary was all done and processed within about a week.

I hope this helps,

my e-maill address is artipunn@hotmail.com, don't hesitate to get in touch

Hi,

Hi U.K Pharmacist, not sure if my last reply went through to you.

My email address artipunn@hotmail.com - get in touch any time.

Thank you for the great advice - in line with Kagun. How did the exam go for you? Have you managed to find an internship?

I have purchased The APhA complete review, but would need to still get a hold of the NAPLEX Comprehensive Review.

Hope all is going well.

Thank you so much for your replies UK Pharmacist and Apunn!! Did you contact your A level boards directly for the transcripts? I tried contacting my sixth form college but they have not replied. Also did you need a letter from your university stating that you needed your a levels to get into the MPharm course? I was hoping to sit the October 2019 exam but seeing as it's taken everyone so long to get the paperwork it might be the April 2020 exam then.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your replies UK Pharmacist and Apunn!! Did you contact your A level boards directly for the transcripts? I tried contacting my sixth form college but they have not replied. Also did you need a letter from your university stating that you needed your a levels to get into the MPharm course? I was hoping to sit the October 2019 exam but seeing as it's taken everyone so long to get the paperwork it might be the April 2020 exam then.

No problem.

Yes exactly that - I contacted my A-Level exam boards to ask for the transcripts (final certification of A level) to be sent to ECE exactly as the layout is requested in the FPGEC bulletin.

I didn't bother going through my school - waste of time - they can't do anything for you.

No, You don't need a letter from University stating you need A-Levels, once you send you Degree and A -Levels, ECE will figure it out, they are quite use to U.K qualification in this format.

Well I was hoping to sit the April 2019 - but with the length of time it took for ECE and NABP to even approve the paperwork, I gave up on revising. Liek you it may be April 2010, unless I manage to get my butt into action for October!

All the best.

• 3 months later...
Hi Kagun and Apunn!

Hi!

I've moved to NYC from London in April. It'd be good to exchange email addresses so we can connect! I'm a UK registered pharmacist and have completed the application process for the FPGEE and got accepted to take the test. Looking at the material I need to review I'm not sure it's realistic for me to sit the exam this October. Don't think 5 weeks is enough time. Any idea when the next exam is likely to be? I know it's held in spring and fall each year.......

Hi All!

I've just immigrated to NY from London and completed application process with the FPGEC so I'm eligible to take the FPGEE on the next testing date. Looking at the material it seems unrealistic to complete a comprehensive review by October 1st so April 2020 seems like the best plan. Is there anyone who'd like a study buddy?

I feel like it's quite a daunting process and NY state seems so much more stringent than other US states! There are so many differences to how things are done in the UK! Do any of you feel the same way?

Hi UK Pharmacist!

I've recently moved to NYC from London! How are you getting on?

I've been accepted as eligible to sit the FPGEE at the next testing date.....which for me, realistically looking at the amount of material I need to review, will be April 2020. I'm trying to balance revision with a part time job in retail so October 2019 seems too soon....I'm not a fresh pharmacy graduate!

I'd love a study buddy or even just an accountability buddy! It'd be great to have a NY neighbor who's from the UK to go through this process with! Would you be happy to exchange email addresses?

Hi All!

I've just immigrated to NY from London and completed application process with the FPGEC so I'm eligible to take the FPGEE on the next testing date. Looking at the material it seems unrealistic to complete a comprehensive review by October 1st so April 2020 seems like the best plan. Is there anyone who'd like a study buddy?

I feel like it's quite a daunting process and NY state seems so much more stringent than other US states! There are so many differences to how things are done in the UK! Do any of you feel the same way?

Hey Brit Pharmacist - that's so exciting, well done on making the move.

Yes sure - my email address is artipunn@hotmail.com

Drop me an e-mail I would love to buddy up

Hi All!

Hey Brit Pharmacist - that's so exciting, well done on making the move.

Yes sure - my email address is artipunn@hotmail.com

Drop me an e-mail I would love to buddy up