Urch Forums

Pharmacist from mexico

josejared

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Jose and I found this forum really useful since im thinking of taking the FPGEE by April of 2020.

I graduated in 2008 in mexico with a degree in Quimico Farmacobiologo, which translated is Chemical Pharmaceutical Biologist.

I moved to the US soon after and Im currently living in Phoenix Arizona. I haven't been able to work in the pharmacy field. but I'm currently employed in a hospital as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, and I've been thinking of becoming a Pharmacist.

I know its been a while, but I think im able to do it. Im at the stage of getting all my paperwork from my university and sending it to ECE as well as studying for the test.

I was wondering if someone could give me some information on what would be the best books and sources to study since a lot of previous posts were from years ago and they might be outdated.

Also If anyone from Arizona knows of any preparation classes or someone willing to have study partner?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi , Jose..I don't think your credentials or the degree you earned in Mexico will be considered as equivalent to a foreign pharmacist's ; from the title of your degree, it is very obvious that your study was focused " only " on the biological field of pharmacy ( which is not everything in pharmacy as a field ), and that's why your title ends with " biologist " and not " pharmacist " ; VIZ you haven't studied - for example - pharmacology , therapeutics, pharmaceutical chemistry , pharmaceutics , pharmaceutical calculations and drug dose regimen design , industrial pharmacy or quality control subjects, pharmacy law or management, and never mention the clinical practice, IN DEPTH AND IN DETAILS as a pharmacy student may have and should , and on that basis, I'm afraid your study will be found lacking and not the equivalent of that of a pharmacy school graduate but of a chemist or biologist ...YOU CAN TRY IF YOU LIKE , ANY WAY , my friend ...and sorry if you find my words tough or shocking to your ambition ; I just wanted to spare you the frustration and the wasting of your precious time so you won't miss the better chances for a position for which your credentials fit best ,while chasing the dream of your life somewhere else, in the wrong direction , and where there is but little hope that you will fit there . Edited by Esam

Thanks for replying, and I'll try anyway. Worst thing is failing without even trying.

I've seen the curriculum from pharmacy degrees and i took those classes that you mentioned, and I have several friends that finished and are working in the pharmaceutical industry, so I know its possible.