Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there was a UC Berkeley acceptance posted on GC. Anyone else heard anything from Berkeley? Given it's only one, seems likely that it's a troll.

Based on 2020 results, it seems plausible to me. Berkeley sent lots of acceptances out this week in 2020. Rejections were posted 1 week later or so. The pattern is such that I think they were sent out one by one over 2-3 days.

I wonder if it's because they are in an awkward spot competing for students who likely get accepted in top 10 programs.

This could be it, yeah. It seems like most of the people accepted on Gradcafe are going to decline the offer which means they either already have a better offer or they're expecting a better offer.

Can anyone confirm the NYU acceptances on GC? I don't think they're fake since there's 5, but curious what people think.

I didn't apply but in previous years they have accepted people via email, not phone. Which makes those posts a little fishy. But they very well could have changed their procedures this year

I didn't apply but in previous years they have accepted people via email, not phone. Which makes those posts a little fishy. But they very well could have changed their procedures this year

Good catch! FWIW, I uploaded an application video and Youtube says no one has watched it other than me over the last month.

I really regret falling into the loop of checking gradcafe and this forum because once you do it, there is no going back. You will be aware of schools sending out decisions and mere silence feels like doom. At this point, checking gradcafe somehow becomes more rational because at least one's anxieties become more tethered that way...

I really regret falling into the loop of checking gradcafe and this forum because once you do it, there is no going back. You will be aware of schools sending out decisions and mere silence feels like doom. At this point, checking gradcafe somehow becomes more rational because at least one's anxieties become more tethered that way...

Yeah, I’ve started shutting off my phone. It still hasn’t worked!

How is everyone coping with waiting until more results are out? Even though I already received a couple offers that I’m very happy about, I just keep checking gradcafe and here for updates. Despite that I’m lucky enough to already have some acceptances I’m still quite anxious about the whole admission season being over. I’m having a hard time focusing on doing my assignments and work :( This year replies started so soon that I feel like I’ve been stressing for forever

How is everyone coping with waiting until more results are out? Even though I already received a couple offers that I’m very happy about, I just keep checking gradcafe and here for updates. Despite that I’m lucky enough to already have some acceptances I’m still quite anxious about the whole admission season being over. I’m having a hard time focusing on doing my assignments and work :( This year replies started so soon that I feel like I’ve been stressing for forever

I only have two rejects and no acceptance yet (and pretty sure U Mich reject email is on the way) , the stress is so huge. Trying to review math stuffs to have a better preparation (although don't know if ANY school will admit me...), the stress just make me keep staring my mailbox and portals.

I really want to have at least something in the pocket, hope I will get some soon.

The stress levels are soaring. And the worst part is I can't talk to anyone about it because they wouldn't understand. My parents have been extremely supportive though.

Hopefully things will start looking up! I feel extremely lucky to have one acceptance so far.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic