Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

Looking like Stanford has released their first acceptances on GC. Any indication that they're taking a "two-wave" approach to admissions (similar to last year) or is it more likely that all acceptances have now been released?

From the looks of the latest GC waitlist post, it seems like this might be it.

For context, the person said: "They sent a letter saying that they admitted significantly fewer and waitlisted significantly more students than usual, to be conservative."

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, fellas, it's official. First rejection of (probably) many this application season. Stanford's applyweb had my rejection letter ready when I looked again just now. The next school that I applied to that sends out decisions is Ohio State, and that one feels less like a longshot. May your anxious checking of gradcafe bring more joy than mine has today!

I'm shocked at how early these arrived. Any news on whether other programs are also releasing decisions in the near future? I haven't gotten any such emails...

I think Stanford usually has an early 1st round. I didn't apply there, but I went through the last two years of gradcafe results for all my schools the other day and put together an "expected 1st round offers" calendar. it seems to me that the season kicks off the first week of February, picks up steam through the month, and most schools make a round of offers by early/mid March. Of course there's variation, wait lists, late offers, etc. but I'm not expecting too many more schools to release anything until February.

Hi!

Do any of you still have your scores "Awaiting" at Chicago Booth? We are past 4-weeks since deadline and they still haven't received/matched my scores.

I still have. I contacted them and they told me that they have a record number of applications and that they are a bit behind schedule. So hopefully, it will match soon.

I still have. I contacted them and they told me that they have a record number of applications and that they are a bit behind schedule. So hopefully, it will match soon.

Great! Thanks for your reply (gotta say I'm a bit scared given all the claims of the sizeable increase in applications, though)

Great! Thanks for your reply (gotta say I'm a bit scared given all the claims of the sizeable increase in applications, though)

It freaks me out too, though as Startz pointed out somewhere a few weeks ago we don't know whether more people are applying or if a normal amount of people are applying to more schools. Freaked out applicants in a really weird year apply to 16 schools instead of 12 just to be safe.

Maybe offers will be coming out both a little earlier and more slowly than in prior years? I guess adcoms are guessing at our behavior just like we're guessing at theirs, maybe their process changes this year in order to maximize filling up available slots with quality candidates.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic