Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

Does anybody have additional info on the waitlist game? Is it common to get accepted off the waitlists very late, close to April 15th? Or are these things often solved earlier? I have currently two waitlists and two acceptances

In their waitlist letter, Princeton mentioned that usually, most of the applicants admitted from the waitlist get the offer on April 14-15th.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea on JHU? They have been awfully quite lately. Saw some interviews a while back. Should I assume IR since I haven't heard back from them.

I think they have probably conducted all their interviews before first round of offers. But, I think in previous years there have been some candidates who received offers without an interview, so there's definitely still a chance. I'm hoping they'll send out offers this week.

I think they have probably conducted all their interviews before first round of offers. But, I think in previous years there have been some candidates who received offers without an interview, so there's definitely still a chance. I'm hoping they'll send out offers this week.

Will there be multiple round of offers? Saw that many people applied to 20+ departments - I am guessing it will take a while to clear the market. IDK maybe I'm wrong.

Will there be multiple round of offers? Saw that many people applied to 20+ departments - I am guessing it will take a while to clear the market. IDK maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry, I have no special info on whether they'll do multiple rounds of offers. I'm guessing they'll waitlist some of the people interviewed (wouldn't be surprised if I'm waitlisted). I think you're right that waitlists, multiple rounds of offers, etc. will be more important this year and there will likely be a lot of movement as we get closer to April 15th.

In their waitlist letter, Princeton mentioned that usually, most of the applicants admitted from the waitlist get the offer on April 14-15th.

That's very bad to hear! I understand the market is tough but the risk of getting burned in the last days is real! I just hope one of my top choices left accepts me or that I get lucky with a waitlist.

Any idea on JHU? They have been awfully quite lately. Saw some interviews a while back. Should I assume IR since I haven't heard back from them.

I'm currently studying at JHU, am also a student of a prof on the admission committe. The most that I can tell you is that they have finished selecting potential admits and waitlists and if you still haven't heard back from them then it's most likely an IR.

Seems that ND starts to release offers. But it is quite weird as they have stated in the previous email that "In late February the Committee will choose finalists to participate in virtual interview days scheduled for the beginning of March 2021. A full interview schedule and additional details will be sent to the finalists once they are selected."

Seems that ND starts to release offers. But it is quite weird as they have stated in the previous email that "In late February the Committee will choose finalists to participate in virtual interview days scheduled for the beginning of March 2021. A full interview schedule and additional details will be sent to the finalists once they are selected."

Yeah I'm super confused about this. I haven't received any emails nor any changes to the application portal. No idea what this means. Are they just scrapping the interviews? Or are the interviews only for certain candidates? Notre Dame is playing some mind games.

Any info on Northwestern, NYU or Columbia?

No idea about Northwestern or Columbia, but NYU definitely did their "we're emailing to see if you're still interested" thing yesterday (I have a friend who received the email). Last year they did the same thing on the 22nd and then sent more of those types of emails on the 25th as well as waitlists. So we could see a few more acceptances in a few days, but not many.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic