Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes people say columbia posts were trolls? I know that the GC posts said they were notified via phone (which is different from previous years). But I thought maybe they were calling people because smaller cohort size.

if i remember right the post is like showing up at the same time, and not a single one gave any more information. Would be weird if all of them are too lazy to share. Also no waitlist is weird as well.

Any insight on the NYU waitlists on GC? Are they real or trolls? I haven’t seen any recent acceptances on GC, so odd they would WL folks before sending acceptances.

I know someone who got one. For those of us who haven't heard back, if we don't get accepted in the next few days (~3) then I think it's an implicit rejection.

I know someone who got one. For those of us who haven't heard back, if we don't get accepted in the next few days (~3) then I think it's an implicit rejection.

Do you know if they already sent out acceptances? Or are they only waitlisting to start? Maybe I just missed the acceptances on GC.

Do you know if they already sent out acceptances? Or are they only waitlisting to start? Maybe I just missed the acceptances on GC.

I just received an acceptance from NYU and wrote on GC. The mail is very detailed in the offer, but nothing is said regarding the size of the class. Hope this helps.

Congrats to all who got into NYU.

That’s insanely competitive.

The JHU waitlist said that 90% of applicants were rejected outright. I don't know what the normal year is and I'm sure JHU is much less competitive than NYU, but still it really hit me just how crazy tough this process is even under normal circumstances.

90% outright rejection is not possible . Even Princeton sent acceptances to 50 people (out of 800 applicants or so). I dont know how many were put on waitlist but wl + acceptances should already be close to 10%

:hmm:

90% rejection means 10% were not rejected ie 10% of applicants received a waitlist or acceptance (70 waitlists + acceptances out of 700 applicants or whatever it was). You can believe it or not but that doesn't seem crazy to me.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic