Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

Sorry for the rejection. Did you get any interview?

It's ok, I have an offer at the same level of Wisconsin that I will probably accept, but thanks!

I was not interviewed, but I know people who did have an interview. As far as I know, most of the interviewees were put into wl (with a few exceptions). In my rejection email they said that they made 80 offers for a target cohort of 25-30.

From someone that I know, last week they sent the last round of acceptances (after the interviews). If you do not know anything at this time, it is probably a rejection but in this cycle there is a lot of uncertainty.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok, I have an offer at the same level of Wisconsin that I will probably accept, but thanks!

I was not interviewed, but I know people who did have an interview. As far as I know, most of the interviewees were put into wl (with a few exceptions). In my rejection email they said that they made 80 offers for a target cohort of 25-30.

From someone that I know, last week they sent the last round of acceptances (after the interviews). If you do not know anything at this time, it is probably a rejection but in this cycle there is a lot of uncertainty.

Thanks for the info. I am in a similar situation so I'm not very concerned if they reject me finally. We will see.

For Wisconsin, there are ppl(including me) that have not been interviewed or notified of acceptance/waitlist/rejections. Is there anyone with some detailed/inside info on this? I know there's high chance that we are going to be rejected soon, but why the heck does Wisc want to do this...

I understand if a school sent out acceptance and waitlist first but no rejections since it will be the admissions instead of the department to do the "honor" of rejecting, but this has taken way too long for Wisconsin(first accept in mid Feb) and I would even hope that a rejection letter to come ASAP to make my mind stop wondering...

It's kinda funny that after yesterday complaining about no communication from Wisconsin, they sent me an email saying that they "were impressed with my profile" but my app is still pending and they will try to make final decision by Apr 1st.

Why are you doing this if you have already sent out waitlist and offers... STOP TAUNTING US!

At this point, has anyone either been accepted off of a waitlist? Do we think the WLs are going to not start clearing until close to April 15?

There may have been some movements from some schools. I heard one of my colleagues have been accepted off waitlist. But overall do expect a lot of movement that week.

At this point, has anyone either been accepted off of a waitlist? Do we think the WLs are going to not start clearing until close to April 15?

I'm on several waitlists. I have not received offers from any, and those that I've communicated with have said they do not expect to start seeing movement until the end of March, and that it's likely it won't pick up until close to April 15th. It seems like schools were particularly cautious with waitlists this year, so maybe there will be more movement earlier, but I'd expect the next 2 weeks to be quiet.

It will highly concentrated near April 15th. That day will be the busiest for waitlists I would guess

I was told by two schools which waitlisted me something along the lines of "it is highly likely that you will gain acceptance before the end of March". That implies that schools are expecting at least some movement in the next two weeks.

I was told by two schools which waitlisted me something along the lines of "it is highly likely that you will gain acceptance before the end of March". That implies that schools are expecting at least some movement in the next two weeks.

That's great to hear, I hope they do make some movements around that time!

I had one school I'm on the waitlist for contact me yesterday and ask if I was still interested. They said they would most likely be able to move me off the waitlist if I was. I suspect other people will receive similar e-mails soon!

Good to know, thanks. I guess there's an advantage for a school like UNC, that might have been a "safety" for really qualified applicants, because if they release their decisions late March a lot of people will go ahead and quickly decline because they got in somewhere better.

I also emailed them last week. First got a generic reply from the coordinator. Later on, DGS sent me a email basically saying first round are all out and they are waiting to hear back. DGS also wanted me to keep them posted.

Is here anyone who still have not heard anything from u of Washington? Neither rejected nor waitlisted so I begin to have tiny hopes that I may be accepted but do not want to be overoptimistic

I haven't heard anything either. I am considering emailing them asking for a timeline/application status.

So, I am on the waitlist at three schools, and I recently got accepted (off the waitlist) at another. A few of the places that I got waitlisted told me to let them know if I get any admissions offers at other schools that I applied to. My top choice school where I am currently waitlisted did not ask me to tell them if I get in anywhere (but did ask me to inform them if I had a dominating offer -- which I do not have).

I am trying to figure out whether or not I should contact that top choice school to let them know about the admissions offer. Does anyone know why they ask about this or how it factors into the decision to accept you off the waitlist?

I have a question about how schools work through waitlists. Do they send out offers as spots become available, or do they maybe wait a couple of weeks once people start declining their offers? I got a waitlist last Monday (3/15), and since then, 2 people on Grad Cafe have posted that they've declined the school's offer. I'm guessing that I should plan on waiting another week or two, even if I was one of the first two people in the queue.

It's a little more complicated than that. Most schools (not all) send out more acceptances than they have places. As a result, a small number of people declining offers may not cause the school to go to the waitlist at all.

I will say that my experience so far this year is that people have been more prompt than usual about declining offers and declining positions on the waitlist. Very helpful to all and certainly appreciated.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic