Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

Is there any indication of how big the UCSD waitlist is? When do you all think we can expect to see some activity there?

The visiting day is this Thursday so I guess we can find out.

At least they are being straightforward about the potential funding situation and will truly speed up sorting out everything.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else tried to get an update from a school on the status of their waitlist? I sent an email a while back asking if there was any chance I’d get an offer but didn’t even get a reply. Wondering if other schools are as unresponsive considering how busy this season is

Has anyone else tried to get an update from a school on the status of their waitlist? I sent an email a while back asking if there was any chance I’d get an offer but didn’t even get a reply. Wondering if other schools are as unresponsive considering how busy this season is

I've been in touch with my WL schools. I think it's valuable to make sure they know you're still interested and sometimes you can get information about the size of the WL and likelihood of an offer. If you didn't hear back I wouldn't read too much into it, and I think at some point closer to the deadline it's completely fine to send a followup checking in again.

I've been in touch with my WL schools. I think it's valuable to make sure they know you're still interested and sometimes you can get information about the size of the WL and likelihood of an offer. If you didn't hear back I wouldn't read too much into it, and I think at some point closer to the deadline it's completely fine to send a followup checking in again.

That makes sense, thanks!

I really hope there is some movements this week! I have some programs that say they are still reviewing my application and I am waitlisted at one other school as well. Good luck to everyone who are on the same boat :P

Just judging off of GC looks like there's some momentum. I imagine it's self reinforcing since people accepted off WL can decline their other offers, so it should only pick up steam from here. Good luck.

I've just been told I'm on UC Davis' implicit waitlist. Obviously any accepted applicants should take as much time as necessary to consider their choices, but if you have stronger offers you strictly prefer I'd appreciate your notifying them. Thank you all and good luck!

I'm kinda relieved actually when Northwestern's coordinator told me that I'm not gonna be accepted. Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

Was in the same situation and they let me know the same today. A little relieved as it allowed me tell another university that I would attend if accepted, get in off the waitlist there, and be done with this process.

Best of look with your decision!

Was in the same situation and they let me know the same today. A little relieved as it allowed me tell another university that I would attend if accepted, get in off the waitlist there, and be done with this process.

Best of look with your decision!

Thanks and good luck to you as well! I've told my current no1 choice as well so we shall see. The sooner they can let me know, the sooner I can make my decisions with my current offers.

Has anyone heard from UW-Madison? I have received the "application in review" email several weeks ago and heard nothing since then. There is one poster who received the same email and was rejected on the Gradcafe but no updates for me...I emailed the program but they didn't respond. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Did anybody else receive the Brown waitlist message mentioned on the grade cafe? I am on the waitlist, but did not receive a "you are one of our top candidates" email. I am trying to figure out if it is thus a lost cause at this point.

I'm currently deciding between two programs that are virtually tied in all rankings. What are some factors you would recommend considering before making a decision? Things beyond the obvious (program structure, location, stipend, quality of life, faculty friendliness, etc).

Gut feeling is the most important. Throw a coin, and see if you regret the outcome.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic