Urch Forums

Fall 2021 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

plzletmein

Yes exactly, I'm quite certain this is fake. I attended a Marshall webinar after the deadlines for all streams were shifted to Jan 15th. The faculty in that session explicitly said they won't look at any applications before the official deadline, let alone send out interview invites.

This very well may be true for USC. I don't have any insight into what they are doing. However, I know that it isn't rare for programs to start looking at applications before the deadline, especially if it's a later one like 1/15. I wouldn't put everything off until the last minute. Most of the work is repeated for schools anyway, so once you start turning in applications, keep it up and finish.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just found this forum and great to hear that everyone is so supportive here. Wanted to ask did everyone applying to Rotman School of Management's Strategic Management PhD program (University of Toronto) receive a JOINId? Wasn't sure if this was sent to everyone or perhaps if they had a quick screen through of applicants. Thanks guys

Hey guys, just found this forum and great to hear that everyone is so supportive here. Wanted to ask did everyone applying to Rotman School of Management's Strategic Management PhD program (University of Toronto) receive a JOINId? Wasn't sure if this was sent to everyone or perhaps if they had a quick screen through of applicants. Thanks guys

they did this for everyone i'm pretty sure! I think they mentioned that in the email

Looks like berkeley has started sending out interview for marketing according to grad cafe  Trying hard not to get my hopes up for any single school but it’d be a big confidence boost just to hear back from one...

I wouldn't lose hope! I got really discouraged when someone posted about completing a Haas MORS interview early on, but I still got an invite a couple days later.

Not OB but applied for Strategy for UNC and Managerial Economics & Strategy for Northwestern and haven't heard back anything. Anyone else?

Applied for Stanford SGB (Econ. Analysis & Policy) and Northwestern (Managerial Economics & Strategy) as well, same here, nothing yet.

I got an interview invitation from a school that was posted on Gradcafe a while ago. I thought I got rejected because many schools seem to send interview at the same time. For those who were depressed to see GC post, don't lose hope! (I'm in accounting)

Hey I am getting very anxious as I have not heard back from HEC Paris(economics and decision ) ,INSEAD(decision sciences) or Columbia Business (marketing) .Has any body heard anything from them.

I applied to INSEAD and Columbia Business as well (but for different programs than you), but I don't think either of them have sent out interview requests yet. Anyone else hear back from them?

I applied to INSEAD and Columbia Business as well (but for different programs than you), but I don't think either of them have sent out interview requests yet. Anyone else hear back from them?

Hey, nothing as of now. Applied to HEC and INSEAD. HEC's site mentions that shortlists take around 2-3 weeks from deadline. So they should be out between 19-26 Jan. INSEAD has historically rolled out shortlists in late Jan/early Feb. We need to hold on a bit longer.

Applied to 16 unis.

University of Houston

University of Wisconsin

UT Austin, UT Dallas, TAMU , Kelloggs, USC Marshall, UMD, BU, IU, Michigan Ross, UNC, ASU, Cincinnati, Georgia State, University of Minnesota

Thats a lot. I have realised it for the 100th time now.

Interviews - 2

Acceptance - 0

Rejection - 0