Urch Forums

Fall 2021 PhD start - PhD Applicant Sweat Thread

plzletmein

I am really confused. Are the universities moving exceptionally slow this year or this is the standard timeline.

There's hardly any movement in marketing. Starting to worry a bit now.

I heard from Booth to expect a slower timeline than in years past because they received more applications than on a usual year and it is taking them longer than usual to go through them. So best to do right now is to wait and try to manage our anxiety!

I applied to 14 schools for Management/OB and have only heard back from one of them (have an interview next week).

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from Booth to expect a slower timeline than in years past because they received more applications than on a usual year and it is taking them longer than usual to go through them. So best to do right now is to wait and try to manage our anxiety!

I applied to 14 schools for Management/OB and have only heard back from one of them (have an interview next week).

That's good to know about Booth, thanks. And good luck on your interview!

Can I ask you which program have you heard from? Thank you!

I am really confused. Are the universities moving exceptionally slow this year or this is the standard timeline.

There's hardly any movement in marketing. Starting to worry a bit now.

When I applied a few years ago, I did some analyses based on GradCafe. For interviews in marketing, it was usually something like this: 10% Jan 1-15, 45% Jan 16-31, 40% Feb, and the remainder after that.

So, things should just be starting really.

When I applied a few years ago, I did some analyses based on GradCafe. For interviews in marketing, it was usually something like this: 10% Jan 1-15, 45% Jan 16-31, 40% Feb, and the remainder after that.

So, things should just be starting really.

Thank you. This definitely helps. Although I am not sure how i feel about the Ross Interview invites and the one IU interview invite on GC. Don't know if the invites all come on a single day or are spaced out. So it's more of a waiting game at this point.

Thank you. This definitely helps. Although I am not sure how i feel about the Ross Interview invites and the one IU interview invite on GC. Don't know if the invites all come on a single day or are spaced out. So it's more of a waiting game at this point.

Couldn't find this post on Gradcafe regarding Ross, which major for Ross were interviews sent for?

I was one of people that received an interview from Ross yesterday, so it's likely that they sent out most (if not all) of their interview invites already.

Is it just an unspoken rule that a 'conversation' or 'chat' means 'interview'?

I suppose "interview" is the official word. But I think "conversation" is actually a better word to describe what happens, at least based on the experience I had.

"Interview" gives me the feeling that one person is asking the questions and another person is answering those questions. But my interviews were more like back-and-forth communication, with both sides asking questions, commenting about the different topics, presenting their perspectives, etc.

Has anybody heard back from a Finance program? I applied to 20 of the top 30 (US&Canada) programs, but haven't heard anything yet.

My professor (at a top 10 school) told me most interviews would be in Feb, but I'm already getting soooo anxious.