Urch Forums

GRE or GMAT for PhD in Management / Organizational Behavior

poonamzantye

Hi - I am wondering if universities have a preference for GRE v/s GMAT for a PhD application in Management / Organizational Behavior. Most universities say they accept either, while some universities explicitly say they prefer the GRE. However, most of the folks on these forums seem to have answered the GMAT. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know if there is difference specifically for Management/OB. But, at least at the business school where I'm doing a PhD, GMAT is the standard when they show us data regarding the new PhD students.

But if your GRE is good, I don't think it's going to be a problem when the school accepts both. I saw a professor saying that she prefers the GMAT, but if she sees a GRE she just converts it.

I took both the GRE and the GMAT, and used the GMAT because the result was better.

Hi - I am wondering if universities have a preference for GRE v/s GMAT for a PhD application in Management / Organizational Behavior. Most universities say they accept either, while some universities explicitly say they prefer the GRE. However, most of the folks on these forums seem to have answered the GMAT. Any thoughts on this?

I am a first year management PhD student this year. I applied to 10 programs with just GRE scores - only one of the programs had expressed a preference for GMAT, and applying with a GRE instead didn't seem to have any bearing on my application.