Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

12 minutes ago, MathEcon007 said:

Well, tough times going on for a few years! Still don't know is it a good decision to just apply to doctoral programs. Anyone know any funded masters econ programs? 

Don't know ... but if the phd doesn't work then i'll look for an industry job with significant research component, maybe research in finance

I'm an undergrad who applied only to the top 10 program. I know it's kinda risky, but now I feel like I seriously need to start hedging against the risk. Have people applied to predoc or other econ RA programs even if you have submitted grad applications? I'm literally so stressed rn and will be for the next month... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, econjohn said:

IR from Wisconsin?

Most people who posted on GC saying that they were admitted at UW mentioned that they received a fellowship. It might be the case that UW first sent acceptance letters for those who were selected for the fellowship, and will still send a second wave of admits with a lower stipend.  I think that Rochester followed the same pattern.

Moreover, I would wait to see waitlist results on GC before inferring an IR. Anyway, it is a just theory.  

11 hours ago, yxx said:

Seems like UWM, UZurich and USC have been sending some results, but nothing for me 😞

AFAIK USC has been sending emails with interview requests to map actual interest in the program. Did you heard any accept/rejects from there? I think it should be reasonable to wait until early March given recent years...

10 hours ago, phd22 said:

Does anyone know if zurich sends the first list in waves, or this would be the whole first list?

Would like to have proper confirmation as well, top school for me. From 2020 posts on GC, it looks like they sent a first batch in the first week of February and a second one by mid February. I think we can keep our hopes until February, 15th. Good luck!

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone here has had meetings with grad program coordinators or the adcom chair post receiving an acceptance and could share what such a meeting entails? Is it just about the details of the offer?

I know this isn't like an interview but I have my one soon and quite nervous about it for some reason!

57 minutes ago, anecongal said:

I was wondering if anyone here has had meetings with grad program coordinators or the adcom chair post receiving an acceptance and could share what such a meeting entails? Is it just about the details of the offer?

I know this isn't like an interview but I have my one soon and quite nervous about it for some reason!

What school is this for? I haven’t heard of this being a thing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoPohBia said:

I just got an acceptance email from PSU but with funding waitlist. What does this mean? If I cant make it out of the waitlist, will I be funded less or will there be no fund at all?

It will be no funding at all for the first year including tuitions, health insurance and all the stuff. But every single student who came with no funding received funding after passing the qualifiers.

That is what I heard from the Director, and it seems that they sent out a lot offers with the waitlist on fundings. Will probably decline because of a better offer. 

5 hours ago, Fred52 said:

Would like to have proper confirmation as well, top school for me. From 2020 posts on GC, it looks like they sent a first batch in the first week of February and a second one by mid February. I think we can keep our hopes until February, 15th. Good luck!

I'm not sure but I've heard that this with the two batches at the University of Zurich is correct. I've heard that the first batch gets full funding directly and for the second batch access to funding is conditional on the interview performance.

• Like 3

• Erin unpinned this topic