Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

1 hour ago, SCCPKA said:

Please, can anyone confirm GC's posts re Caltech Social Science program? I've applied for this one due its economics track, but looks like I've failed as I haven't receive an email....another IR......

I can confirm, received an e-mail to check portal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCCPKA said:

Please, can anyone confirm GC's posts re Caltech Social Science program? I've applied for this one due its economics track, but looks like I've failed as I haven't receive an email....another IR......

I saw a post on a Chinese grad school forum that also reporting accepted by Caltech Econ track, probably the same one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SCCPKA said:

Great, congrats. But are they usind the applyweb to do that? Just because they told me all communications would be by email. Enjoy your phd there!!!

Oh, sorry! I wasn't very informative. They sent an e-mail with the good news, and directed me to CollegeNET for "further details", so I guess you're right that e-mail is the main way they communicate. Thanks, and good luck to you! It is still very early in the decisions season.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

For anyone who applied to Rice, they just sent out emails saying if you reached the second round

The email I received from Rice only said that I reached the second round and I need to provide course details.

5 hours ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

For anyone who applied to Rice, they just sent out emails saying if you reached the second round

1 hour ago, eou said:

The email I received from Rice only said that I reached the second round and I need to provide course details.

Ooh sorry I was half awake when I read your post. I thought you were asking if I received mail only saying that I reached the second round.

I saw some posts on gc saying that they were accepted; those seem sus. As far as I remember Rice mentioned clearly on their website that they hold interviews as the final round for those who are shortlisted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred52 said:

Anyone applied to Rome Master in Economics (RoME, by LUISS and EIEF)? I applied under the first round and decisions were supposed to be out in February, 11th given their website...

I also applied by the first round deadline. Haven’t heard back from them yet.

1 hour ago, eou said:

Ooh sorry I was half awake when I read your post. I thought you were asking if I received mail only saying that I reached the second round.

I saw some posts on gc saying that they were accepted; those seem sus. As far as I remember Rice mentioned clearly on their website that they hold interviews as the final round for those who are shortlisted.

All good! And yeah I was suspicious too of those posts -- doesnt seem like something they'd do. I'm curious why they dont ask for the math stuff during the actual application like some other schools.

• Like 1

• Erin unpinned this topic