Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

8 minutes ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

All good! And yeah I was suspicious too of those posts -- doesnt seem like something they'd do. I'm curious why they dont ask for the math stuff during the actual application like some other schools.

I agree 100%. So annoying to have people submit this separately after weeks…

• Like 1

Just received this email from Stockholm School of Economics: "We would like to inform that you are among the ca 80 applicants on the shortlist for admission to the PhD program in Economics at the Stockholm School of economics. If you have not reported your GRE/GMAT scores to us via your test center we kindly ask you to do that asap."

Does it mean I am in?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kot88 said:

So is no answer from MIT by now an IR?

There haven't been that many posts on gradcafe but it seems a bit less active this year than in recent years, so it's hard to say. I'm inclined to think that no news is probably an IR, but I wouldn't be that surprised if they gave out a few more admits/waitlists in the coming days

• Like 2

1 minute ago, justforthisonepost said:

anyone else still not heard back from umich (ann arbor)? could it be an IR -- would they really not bother to notify some people of rejection? or are there multiple rounds?

Same here and I am inclined to believe there are multiple rounds but who knows, stranger stuff has happened. 

23 minutes ago, justforthisonepost said:

anyone else still not heard back from umich (ann arbor)? could it be an IR -- would they really not bother to notify some people of rejection? or are there multiple rounds?

Have you tried checking your Wolverine account? The decision may be posted there under the New/Prospective Student section. If it's not, I would email admissions, it seems like all decisions should have been out for a while.

Edited by lilac
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

All good! And yeah I was suspicious too of those posts -- doesnt seem like something they'd do. I'm curious why they dont ask for the math stuff during the actual application like some other schools.

I am one of the Rice admits from GC. Received an informal acceptance over email without interview or course lists request.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

When should we expect UMaryland and UT Austin? GradCafe isn't loading for me right now, so can't look at the stuff from last year

I pulled some pre-pandemic data before GC changed their website format. On average, UT Austin and UMD accepted applicants in late February and early March. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, random_admit04 said:

Did anyone who got the email from UC Davis a few weeks back get the an official acceptance? 10 days has passed and I have yet to receive anything 

Emailed chair yesterday, he said “there should be some news this week, since the committee has now completed both rounds of evaluations.”

• Like 1

• Erin unpinned this topic