Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

Is UCLA Anderson randomly sending out MBA program promotions to everyone?

I applied to UCLA econ, haven't heard anything from the program yet, and was thrilled and nervous when my phone vibrated to notify me of a new email. Not the email I was expecting. 😴

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2022 at 9:01 PM, Hyperplane said:

Hey dear friends,

if you have an offer from Minnesota and you plan not to go to Minnesota because of your dominating offers. There is really no point of holding the offer until the last day, this is my top choice. I have aldready declined my dominated offers so that people in waitlist could get a spot.  I kindly request that you do the same if you have dominant choices. That would mean the whole world to me and my dreams would come true .

Thx in advance

Not accepted by Minnesota though, I got an offer from a university that I would probably decline. I am wondering how should I decline an offer, as I see no 'withdrawn' button on the portal, shall directly reply to the email with admission letter? or maybe forward to the director of graduate study?

5 minutes ago, szhangbi said:

Not accepted by Minnesota though, I got an offer from a university that I would probably decline. I am wondering how should I decline an offer, as I see no 'withdrawn' button on the portal, shall directly reply to the email with admission letter? or maybe forward to the director of graduate study?

I  sent email with admission letter to departments and the directors of graduate study.

Edited by Hyperplane

3 minutes ago, kot88 said:

wouldn't be surprised if trolls tbh last year they weren't calling but only updating portal. Plus, no further acceptances have been posted... 

Last year, Princeton did calls for the first time and some people thought they were trolls at first because they didn't call in the past. There's really no way to know unless we see a few more acceptances or someone can confirm.

Edited by lilac
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hanniball said:

IR at this time for UWM? Does anyone receive a WL?

I got a waitlist for Wisconsin-Madison's AAE PhD program, haven't heard back from economics PhD or financial MS yet. Someone else also posted their waitlist as well on gradcafe. I think I might have been IR from economics PhD, but it's too early. Chances are they release decisions in multiple waves.

• Erin unpinned this topic