Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

36 minutes ago, kkk301 said:

why is an email saying that decisions will be uploaded tomorrow considered an implicit rejection?

According to gradcafe, it seems that those people who got admitted in the past years all received something else before the decision was formally released. And I don't think I can get a slot due to the lack of connection .....

13 minutes ago, phd2022 said:

Last year we seen a chain of acceptance in gradcafe before they sent that email though.

Probably this year people are less active in gradcafe. Someone who also received the email an hour ago said he/she got the same thing last year and was rejected. Do you also get the email? If not, hopefully you have some chances to get admitted.

13 minutes ago, VedaCC said:

Probably this year people are less active in gradcafe. Someone who also received the email an hour ago said he/she got the same thing last year and was rejected. Do you also get the email? If not, hopefully you have some chances to get admitted.

Why would people be less active this year out of every other year though. I think until the results are out tomorrow, its inconclusive.

51 minutes ago, VedaCC said:

i didnt get that email but there are mixed messages everywhere. idk what to think guess we gotta wait

18 hours ago, MujR said:

Can anyone confirm whether emory has actually sent rejection emails? I saw 3 rejection posts in gradcafe

I applied there as (hopefully) a safety and I haven't gotten anything yet. Deadline was January 1st for domestic applicants, so I don't think they've gone through all of them yet. The posted rejections were all internationals, so maybe they had an earlier deadline and they've been filtering out some people by GPA or GRE scores. This is all speculation though

5 minutes ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

Is UC Berkeley slowly rolling out their rejections? I see a lot of rejections trickling in on Gradcafe right now -- I applied there and haven't gotten anything yet, so I'm hoping that's a half decent sign 

That's the one million dollar question... But no one confirms the info... 

Hi all,

I'm just popping in to say hello.  I came across the site again and I'm glad to see that it is still somewhat active.  There are still profiles and results being posted every year - although not at the same volume as before.  It's nostalgic to see some of the old threads still stickied on the front page.  It's now years past my PhD graduation and I'm going up for tenure.

• Like 7

• Erin unpinned this topic