Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

1 hour ago, luleen said:

Idk but I don't think there are interviews bc they are giving decisions this week. I saw one post on gc saying they sent out the waitlist (with only 9 people on the list). Guess an IR for me.

Where is that post? How do you know it's not a troll? IR for me too 😞 

8 minutes ago, PTI said:

Does anyone know what it means to not have heard back from UT Austin? Are they done sending out acceptances?

Based on GC for previous years, it looks like most but not all acceptances come in an initial wave, and then a few more follow. This year might be a bit different though, as they had a big wave of rejections first.

1 minute ago, Dommull said:

Based on GC for previous years, it looks like most but not all acceptances come in an initial wave, and then a few more follow. This year might be a bit different though, as they had a big wave of rejections first.

I got admitted but will reject the offer now, good luck! I hope it is a wait list. 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, econjohn said:

Who are we looking for this week? NYU, Duke, others?

I pulled some pre-pandemic data from the Grad Cafe before they changed the format. This week I anticipate we'll see the first wave of acceptances from NYU, MIT, Duke, Cornell, and Columbia.

Just now, Marty McRy said:

I pulled some pre-pandemic data from the Grad Cafe before they changed the format. This week I anticipate we'll see the first wave of acceptances from NYU, MIT, Duke, Cornell, and Columbia.

I thought MIT was out and all of us who didn't hear from them were already rejected implicitly. Still, of course I expect a rejection, I mean come on, it's the fucking MIT lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jk_econ said:

I thought MIT was out and all of us who didn't hear from them were already rejected implicitly. Still, of course I expect a rejection, I mean come on, it's the fucking MIT lol.

Yeah, MIT has been out for a couple of weeks (according to a friend there). Looking forward to NYU, Duke and Columbia though! Best of luck to all. 

Edited by FSG56
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jk_econ said:

Has anyone heard anything from Northwestern? 

I wrote to them asking what was up with my application and their response was basically they are still going through the applications and aim to finish their list by end of feb/begining of march. I interpret that as an implicit waitlist.

• Like 1

I got asked by a university if I am still interested and they expressed a lot of interest in me. What does this "pre-offer" email typically mean? Can I expect a funded offer to be coming?

Edited by DaBear85

2 minutes ago, DaBear85 said:

I got asked by a university if I am still interested and they expressed a lot of interest in me. What does this "pre-offer" email typically mean? Can I expect a funded offer to be coming?

This is how some schools (e.g NYU) give out offers: they basically reach out and first ask to see if you're even still interested. It's essentially equivalent to an acceptance, if you are interested.

1 minute ago, klaziki said:

This is how some schools (e.g NYU) give out offers: they basically reach out and first ask to see if you're even still interested. It's essentially equivalent to an acceptance, if you are interested.

Got it. Thank you!