Jump to content
Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread


Erin

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, luleen said:

Idk but I don't think there are interviews bc they are giving decisions this week. I saw one post on gc saying they sent out the waitlist (with only 9 people on the list). Guess an IR for me.

Where is that post? How do you know it's not a troll? IR for me too 😞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PTI said:

Does anyone know what it means to not have heard back from UT Austin? Are they done sending out acceptances?

Based on GC for previous years, it looks like most but not all acceptances come in an initial wave, and then a few more follow. This year might be a bit different though, as they had a big wave of rejections first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dommull said:

Based on GC for previous years, it looks like most but not all acceptances come in an initial wave, and then a few more follow. This year might be a bit different though, as they had a big wave of rejections first.

I got admitted but will reject the offer now, good luck! I hope it is a wait list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, econjohn said:

Who are we looking for this week? NYU, Duke, others?

I pulled some pre-pandemic data from the Grad Cafe before they changed the format. This week I anticipate we'll see the first wave of acceptances from NYU, MIT, Duke, Cornell, and Columbia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marty McRy said:

I pulled some pre-pandemic data from the Grad Cafe before they changed the format. This week I anticipate we'll see the first wave of acceptances from NYU, MIT, Duke, Cornell, and Columbia.

I thought MIT was out and all of us who didn't hear from them were already rejected implicitly. Still, of course I expect a rejection, I mean come on, it's the fucking MIT lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jk_econ said:

I thought MIT was out and all of us who didn't hear from them were already rejected implicitly. Still, of course I expect a rejection, I mean come on, it's the fucking MIT lol.

Yeah, MIT has been out for a couple of weeks (according to a friend there). Looking forward to NYU, Duke and Columbia though! Best of luck to all. 

Edited by FSG56
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jk_econ said:

Has anyone heard anything from Northwestern? 

I wrote to them asking what was up with my application and their response was basically they are still going through the applications and aim to finish their list by end of feb/begining of march. I interpret that as an implicit waitlist.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got asked by a university if I am still interested and they expressed a lot of interest in me. What does this "pre-offer" email typically mean? Can I expect a funded offer to be coming?

Edited by DaBear85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DaBear85 said:

I got asked by a university if I am still interested and they expressed a lot of interest in me. What does this "pre-offer" email typically mean? Can I expect a funded offer to be coming?

This is how some schools (e.g NYU) give out offers: they basically reach out and first ask to see if you're even still interested. It's essentially equivalent to an acceptance, if you are interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, klaziki said:

This is how some schools (e.g NYU) give out offers: they basically reach out and first ask to see if you're even still interested. It's essentially equivalent to an acceptance, if you are interested.

Got it. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...