Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

41 minutes ago, user501 said:

Is it normal for Berkeley to be slowly trickling rejections before acceptances? Or should we assume acceptances are already out? Seems weird 

It sounds like a small number of people received rejections but most people haven't heard anything. Unsure about acceptances. Anyone have any more info re: Berkeley econ? 

Edited by lilac

1 hour ago, user501 said:

Is it normal for Berkeley to be slowly trickling rejections before acceptances? Or should we assume acceptances are already out? Seems weird 

Not sure if it's normal. I'd go and check grad cafe history for that, but so far there's no acceptances posted online and just a few rejections posted on grad cafe. I wouldn't assume acceptances are already out since I'm sure at least one person would've posted it on grad cafe. 

Stanford is the only school so far that has done a large first wave of rejections I believe

1 hour ago, kun09 said:

I've realized that OSU is sending out offers today. My status is still pending. This means that I'm more or less already rejected right?

I got accepted today, but I've heard from a source with knowledge of the department that these were just "1st round offers". So it's possible that more offers will be made. 

Does anyone have any idea about what's going on with interviews for the Applied Economics program at Cornell Dyson? There were some posts on gradcafe about interviews for EERE track. Has interview notification gone out for the IDE track as well?

I don't remember when I send the scores, but I submitted my application on 30 Dec, and the application portal displays that my scores have already been received. Maybe it is good to check with the admissions if there is any issue with your scores. I believe that it should not take so long for processing them.

6 minutes ago, Hyperplane said:

I check their portal and look at my check list. I see that they did not even update status of my TOEFL and GRE scores which I submitted on December 5. How on earth did they send admission decision before updating score status?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hyperplane said:

I check their portal and look at my check list. I see that they did not even update status of my TOEFL and GRE scores which I submitted on December 5. How on earth did they send admission decision before updating score status?

Which school?

17 minutes ago, kun09 said:

My status for northwestern is also pending. I dont even have a predoc. If the rejections were legit, Im wondering what northwestern is up to.

I don't see why the rejections wouldn't be legit. I expect Northwestern sent a few rejections but that many decisions haven't been made yet

1 hour ago, chubwagon1 said:

My application status says 'Completed'. Does yours say 'Pending'? Sorry to be paranoid hahah

Well, mine specifically says ‘submitted’, with a green background color. Northwestern’s website says that there would be a link for the decision letter in the portal if a decision is made. Mine doesn’t have one so far.

• Erin unpinned this topic