Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

6 hours ago, CornellEnglishMajor said:

To all the people asking about UPitt:

They just sent me an acceptance and want to Zoom with me to talk about my plans/other acceptances. Not sure I'll accept but at this point I'd wager they'll have sent out all acceptances by the end of today.

Are you accepting the offer? 

1 hour ago, user501 said:

Accepted to mit, rejected from Berkeley and Stanford, no other top 10 interviews or acceptances… nothing makes sense 

I'm in a very similar situation, but with a different T5 school. So much randomness even between different schools.

19 hours ago, MathEcon007 said:

I am also waiting for Pitt. The graduate program coordinator told me all the acceptance and waitlists are going out this week. So, I am just holding for one more day. After tomorrow, I think it's just gonna be IR. 

I emailed the Dept and "official "rejection" letters will follow later in admissions season."

1 hour ago, lilac said:

I'm in a very similar situation, but with a different T5 school. So much randomness even between different schools.

Same here... my best guess to explain this is area of interest fit/recommender connections to the program but aotherwise it truly feels like luck!

3 hours ago, 8thfloorr said:

Does anyone have more information on the timeline for NYU, Columbia, UCLA, UCSD? Thank you!

Columbia called today and asked which programs I had offers from; they were very up front that they didn't want to give an offer if I have acceptances from top 5 programs (pleasantly, I do). So they must be pretty advanced but not quite there yet. 

(Aside: it was a really nice call, seem like great folks & good luck!). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EconApplicant465 said:

Columbia called today and asked which programs I had offers from; they were very up front that they didn't want to give an offer if I have acceptances from top 5 programs (pleasantly, I do). So they must be pretty advanced but not quite there yet. 

(Aside: it was a really nice call, seem like great folks & good luck!). 

Do you (or anybody else) know anything about the business economics track at Columbia? 

thanks !

• Erin unpinned this topic