Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

4 hours ago, bah said:

I suppose NYU and UC Davis are IR at this point ? 

NYU definetely yes if you haven't received any news from them yet. They replied me when I asked on March, 4th "At this time all admit and waitlist offers have gone out."

5 hours ago, bah said:

I suppose NYU and UC Davis are IR at this point ? 

Hey there! I suggest you to send an email to uc davis (dont remember the greek name professor, but you could find out easly in their website). I sent one and they promptly reverted me with a very polite rejection (like "we send a bunch of offers and we are expecting to cover our spots, so sorry to inform you that we are not very optimistic with your application"). 

anyone on stanford waitlist get any emails from faculty recently?? / what did the emails that faculty sent you in january say? 

i heard that some ppl got waitlist emails from faculty in jan saying "you are on our short waitlist" and was wondering if some people got different messages.  maybe stanford has an implicit ranking system?  

1 hour ago, waiting said:

anyone on stanford waitlist get any emails from faculty recently?? / what did the emails that faculty sent you in january say? 

i heard that some ppl got waitlist emails from faculty in jan saying "you are on our short waitlist" and was wondering if some people got different messages.  maybe stanford has an implicit ranking system?  

have not heard anything, did not have anything like that in my January faculty email 

15 hours ago, waiting said:

thought the `short waitlist thing` is generic... I have not heard anything since January apart from the fact that some ppl were rejected recently, meaning higher yield rate than expected.

Anyone else hear anything from MSU? I emailed and they responded saying I’m waitlisted and that I’m “MUCH” closer to the first-round offer group. Another person on gradcafe got an identical email so I’m just trying to gauge how meaningful that response really is. 

Edited by DaBear85

5 minutes ago, rsgbz21 said:

Does anyone know the date of Northwestern visit day? I'm waitlisted at NU and want to update my prior about when we can expect the waitlist to start moving.  

I'm waitlisted at NU too, and after inquiring about the Visit Day they told me that they would make the recordings available to waitlisted candidates by April 6th. So at least we know that the Visit Day is before that. They also sent me a link with last year's materials (I'll send you the link by DM).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaBear85 said:

Anyone else hear anything from MSU? I emailed and they responded saying I’m waitlisted and that I’m “MUCH” closer to the first-round offer group. Another person on gradcafe got an identical email so I’m just trying to gauge how meaningful that response really is. 

I also got an email from MSU indicating im "MUCH" closer so not sure if its meaningful at all seems like they say it to everyone sadly cause it's my number one choice as of right now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rsgbz21 said:

Does anyone know the date of Northwestern visit day? I'm waitlisted at NU and want to update my prior about when we can expect the waitlist to start moving.  

Visiting day is on 31/3, but I've heard from a lot of people that offers off of the waitlist usually come on or around 15/4, so my posterior is pretty tight around that date.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VeganEconomist said:

Visiting day is on 31/3, but I've heard from a lot of people that offers off of the waitlist usually come on or around 15/4, so my posterior is pretty tight around that date.

Just taking the opportunity of this info: If I receive an offer in April 15th onwards, do you know how we should proceed? If we said yes to our remaining offer up to Apr 15th but received a better offer after that, will we lose the opportunity? I think so, but just checking if anyone knows how this works.

Re MSU I got the same msg others are mentioning, they just added another paragraph mentioning that they must send offers carefully as they send fully funded offers only so I have to see this as a good news, but understand why they take so much time to unfold the process...i think all receive this as well, right?

18 minutes ago, SCCPKA said:

Just taking the opportunity of this info: If I receive an offer in April 15th onwards, do you know how we should proceed? If we said yes to our remaining offer up to Apr 15th but received a better offer after that, will we lose the opportunity? I think so, but just checking if anyone knows how this works.

if you get an offer you want to take after the April 15th deadline you can accept it and--very apologetically--notify the original school that you are not coming.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SCCPKA said:

Re MSU I got the same msg others are mentioning, they just added another paragraph mentioning that they must send offers carefully as they send fully funded offers only so I have to see this as a good news, but understand why they take so much time to unfold the process...i think all receive this as well, right?

Yes, I was unaware of this, but apparently you can reverse your offer after 15/4 if you get a better offer afterwards. Happens all the time because of these crazy waitlists!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DaBear85 said:

I also get the same email!!!!

8 hours ago, Econenthuse said:

Does anyone on the UMadison AAE waitlist know whether they tell you what position on the waitlist you are? And does anyone know what are the chances of getting off the waitlist? Tbh this is my only visible and best choice, so I am in sooo much panic

I'm also on the waitlist in this program, and they didn't tell me my position on the waitlist. (I didn't ask them either.) I'm not sure about the chance of getting off the waitlist there, and I was also wondering how competitive the applied econ admissions are. It seems that the admissions of econ-related programs have become harder and harder these years. Anyway, I hope you can get admitted there.

It's quite strange that USC implies that those who haven't heard from them are on the waitlist. But on gradcafe there are only a few offers posted, without rejections. What does that mean? Maybe it is a super long waitlist and they need more time to decide?

ps. It is mentioned on gc that there is no ranking for the waitlist and it's their tradition not to contact those who are on the waitlist.

• Erin unpinned this topic