Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

11 minutes ago, lilac said:

Out of curiosity, were all NYU WLs invited to attend the visit day (perhaps virtually)? Or was the invite only extended to some? 

No clue, I was invited to attend virtually. There seemed to be around 50-ish attendees between the in-persons and the virtuals.

8 hours ago, lilac said:

Out of curiosity, were all NYU WLs invited to attend the visit day (perhaps virtually)? Or was the invite only extended to some? 

I asked earlier and though I didn't get a finite answer, it didn't seem to me like there was any heterogeneity in the invites they sent out to the WLed. As far as I know, everyone was invited to attend virtually.

2 minutes ago, EconPadawanBR said:

@waiting have you emailed them? They rejected me from the WL a few weeks ago when I asked for updates. Good luck

For the NYU WL folks, do you know anyone who have already received a decision from the WL? April 15th is right around the corner...

A friend of mine just got accepted off WL

15 hours ago, waiting said:

any news from stanford WL?

I know that some people have declined their offers but I've heard that we'll probably start hearing only next week... 

3 minutes ago, FSG56 said:

General question, what are your thoughts on asking for updates on the WL or your status? Do you think it’s helpful or just nagging?

Wondering the same thing 😞

28 minutes ago, FSG56 said:

General question, what are your thoughts on asking for updates on the WL or your status? Do you think it’s helpful or just nagging?

If you space it out and help them cut through the uncertainty by providing some likelihood of you attending should an offer be made, I think, it keeps you on the radar and maybe helps. It's definitely a fine line to tread.

• Like 1

Following the above on asking, I contacted one of my waitlisted programs about what position I am on the waitlist, and they have not responded. It’s been two weeks now. Does anyone know what it means ? Should I ask again? Or just assume it’s some form of rejection?