Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

On 4/19/2022 at 5:02 PM, Econenthuse said:

Has anyone still not heard anything from NYU? And UW Madison AAE? I mean just some closure would be nice.

I also have not heard from NYU. Also not heard back from UCSD, where the chair was super prompt in responding to my queries earlier. Don't know what to make of these. Like me, do others too feel that it is terribly unprofessional and unethical of universities to say that they will not refund the application fee under any circumstance and then fail to provide applicants with an update before the April 15 deadline? I mean, if they did not process my application, then I should be getting my money back at the very least. If they did process my application, I deserve an update at the very least.

1 hour ago, KiloByte said:

I also have not heard from NYU. Also not heard back from UCSD, where the chair was super prompt in responding to my queries earlier. Don't know what to make of these. Like me, do others too feel that it is terribly unprofessional and unethical of universities to say that they will not refund the application fee under any circumstance and then fail to provide applicants with an update before the April 15 deadline? I mean, if they did not process my application, then I should be getting my money back at the very least. If they did process my application, I deserve an update at the very least.

I emailed UCSD and they replied that my chances were low, and that they’d let me know after April 15th. Well it’s now over a week. Yes, I agree it’s extremely unprofessional and unethical tbh. I personally didn’t expect such behavior from NYU especially, but looks like when they have the money and hundreds of people applying to their schools, they think they can do anything without considering that real people are actually applying. The least they can do is just send a rejection email. I mean, how hard can it be! It’s not like they have code anything larger than just changing the names and applicant ID numbers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Erin unpinned this topic