Urch Forums

Profile Evaluation for MA/PhD in Economics

Zuko

Please suggest some suitable universities for both MA in Economics and PhD in Economics. I’m an international student and  I have applied to 6 universities this fall and got accepted to 5 of them in their MS/MA in Economics program. (UNC Charlotte, University of Maryland -Baltimore County, Georgia State University, Illinois State University, and Western Illinois University). However, I couldn’t secure any funding from any of them so I decided not to go. My GPA is not good, so please suggest some universities in accordance with my profile where I would have a chance to secure funding. 

Type of Undergrad: BA in Economics from an unreputed, unranked university in Bangladesh. 

Undergrad GPA: 3.04 (Last two years 3.13 and 3.20 respectively)

GRE: GRE: 314 (Quant-160, Verbal-154, AWA- 4 )

IELTS: 8.5 (Listening 9, Reading 8.5, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8 )

Teaching Experience: Have a youtube channel where I teach Introductory Econometrics

Research Experience: 1 publication that is work in progress (Almost finished)

Work Experience: 9 months of field survey experience in a multinational market research company. 

Projects: Several data analysis projects in Python, SQL, Tableau, etc to showcase my skills. 

I've attached my courses and grades below. They are all over the place and I know I don't have a shot at any of the top schools. So if you could suggest some MA/PhD  program in my league where I could have funding I would greatly appreiciate it. 

image.png.9cac2ccd5a4885d5b7eda0450e35a04d.png