Urch Forums

2023 Sweat Thread

Erin

• 3 weeks later...

Reading results from past years on Gradcafe I expect Stanford econ to release the first results by next Friday (13 jan). I saw some reports of early admits on gradcafe, but not sure if we can trust them (and even if they are true, these are clearly outliers or insider exceptions that do not apply to the majority of applicants).

• Like 1

Hi! Does anyone know how Ph.D. interviews usually work? After receiving the interview email, how many days do we usually have before the interview to prepare? I'm asking this because I don't know whether we need to start preparing for the interviews right now, or is it totally fine to wait until the interview invites are sent?

I am new to this, so any related info will be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:59 PM, LimeJuice12 said:

Any other re-applicant here? I'm reapplying after a brutal cycle last year, really hoping its gonna to be better this time around.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:07 AM, CptHook said:

I am. Last year's cycle was tough for me too. Best of luck this year!

Good luck! Yeah I heard that the last cycle was brutal... What programs are you targeting for this year?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JessicaW said:

Good luck! Yeah I heard that the last cycle was brutal... What programs are you targeting for this year?

Thanks! This year I applied more widely (i.e., programs in the 20s and some business schools). Last year I only applied within the top 20, as per my letter-writers advice, but it was more competitive than they were expecting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LimeJuice12 said:

Thanks! This year I applied more widely (i.e., programs in the 20s and some business schools). Last year I only applied within the top 20, as per my letter-writers advice, but it was more competitive than they were expecting.

Pretty much the exact same story here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Last year, it was on the Thursday of this week (so today) that Stanford started sending out letters, based on the 2022 Sweat Thread. Good luck everyone! This is such a brutal field to get into!

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford? I guess they just changed their plans this year lol

Stanford could still send some results out today! It would be actually great. I prefer it to be before than after the weekend. At least we don't lose the weekend out of anxiety, and we can  still use friday and saturday night to drink and forget about it. Brace yourselves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PleaseDoNotTroll said:

I got an interview from HBS Business Econ a few days ago. However, I am not sure how many invitations they sent nor if they have finished inviting people to the interviews.

Thanks for the info and good luck with the interview! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Erin unpinned this topic