Urch Forums

2023 Sweat Thread

Erin

Thanks for sharing information!

Do most econ phd applicants need to have an interview before they receive an offer? Why so many interview status on GC?

What's the purpose of these interviews? Shortening the waitlist? Checking that you're not a moron and can speak English? What's the proportion of interviewees with an offer at the end of the day?

Edited by Catherine

5 hours ago, Catherine said:

Thanks for sharing information!

Do most econ phd applicants need to have an interview before they receive an offer? Why so many interview status on GC?

What's the purpose of these interviews? Shortening the waitlist? Checking that you're not a moron and can speak English? What's the proportion of interviewees with an offer at the end of the day?

Only a few econ programs do interviews.

13 hours ago, econgradapps said:

Anyone else have "pending" as their application status for Ohio State? I've only seen acceptances not any rejections. Not sure if that means I am rejected or waitlisted? 

I emailed the admissions officer and they're still making decisions. According to email they anticipate being done sometime next week and will send letters out

• Erin unpinned this topic